1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4k Video vanishes when screen locks.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ron Bolton, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Ron Bolton

Ron Bolton Lurker

HI,

I have been looking for a solution to this but cannot find any mention of the issue.

New Samsung Galaxy S8, has a brand new 256Gb SD.

Photos are fine.

Recording 4k Video, when I hit stop it sits there processing for awhile, but if the screen then locks before it finishes, the video file vanishes?

I'm sure it is being stored somewhere, anyone seen this and found a solution. I have taken the SD card out and I am running some data recovery on it at the moment.

I will update if i find anything.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ron Bolton

Ron Bolton Lurker

I recovered 6 missing video files, but only the last one will play, the others are quite big, but my PC fails to play them.
    Any Ideas?

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

A 4k video player for your PC. I'm not judging your PC just your software choices. Is there a 4k video player for PCs?

4. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

If there's a video on any device is present, It will be in your device file manager. As far as the video disappearing in a short period while the device screen is transitioning into lock\ sleep mode. Its due to the device optimizations program to save power. Try setting a longer screen display time so the device lock screen won't go into sleep mode so quickly. But don't forget to check in your device file manager for the video before taking any drastic measures.

5. Ron Bolton

Ron Bolton Lurker

Not sure why the fixation on a PC, VLC will play anything and it plays the other videos of the phone and yes in 4K if you have a 4k PC display.
    I put the recovered videos back on the phone and it will not play them either.
    I know what is causing it, even though it does not always do it. So stopping it from happening is possible.
    However this does still not solve the issue of playing the files I recovered, there is obviously something the phone failed to do to, to the files to make them playable. This is what I am looking for help on?

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews