1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4od not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roobarb74, Apr 15, 2012.

1. roobarb74

roobarb74 Lurker

Hi everyone,

I've had my HTC one x for about a week now. Overall I'm pleased with it but I don't seem to be able to get channel 4's 4od service to work. I've got the latest flash and tried various browsers but with no luck. The connection usually times out or the browser crashes. Anyone else come across this?

Cheers,
    Rup

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Angelman

Angelman Newbie

Just tested this out on Dolphin HD browser and Boat Browser and I am getting the same timeout error that you report. The browser doesn't crash for me, but the programmes refuse to play.

3. roobarb74

roobarb74 Lurker

Thanks for the feedback Angelman. I'm glad it's not just my phone. Hopefully a fix will be sorted out soon.

4. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast

Have you enabled Flash for your browser? Look in the setup for browser plug-ins.

Ian

5. Angelman

Angelman Newbie

Yes, Flash is enabled as other flash videos play fine.

UPDATE: I just tried 4od using the stock browser and instead of the timeout error I am getting a message saying that my Flash Player is not the latest version and needs updating. The plot thickens.

6. ifb-online

Have you tried updating Flash?

Ian

7. Angelman

Angelman Newbie

There doesn't appear to be any available updates for Flash on the Play Store, leading me to believe that I have the most up to date version.

Also, the timeout error is back!

8. roobarb74

roobarb74 Lurker

I also have the latest flash (11.1). Ideally I'd like to uninstall then reinstall it but that doesn't seem to be an option on this phone.

As for the 4od problem, it's almost like a firewall/ad blocker is preventing it from streaming. However, I've uninstalled my AVG and can't find an ad blocker running on my phone. Turning off pop up blocker didn't help either.

It would be good to know if anyone out there with the one x is able to run 4od.

cheers,
    Rup

Angelman likes this.
  9. Angelman

Angelman Newbie

Cheers for the update. I too would like to see this issue resolved and find out if anyone has managed to stream from 4od successfully yet!

10. ifb-online

OK, I only mentioned this because there was an update of 11.1 for my Archos tablet (also an ICS device). The version number didn't change but there was an update.

Ian

11. Angelman

Angelman Newbie

Just wanted to confirm that after I did the recent Flash Player update from the Play Store, that 4od now works flawlessly for me. None of the previous errors or timeouts seem to happen any more and the video stremas smoothly and is in sync - pretty good! :)

12. K7ERG

K7ERG Lurker

What flash player was it?

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews