1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

4th "CLNR" replacement in a month

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by destes37, May 10, 2011.

1. destes37

destes37 Member
    None

Sep 25, 2010
    Droid 2 Global........Wish me luck.:rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    seriously, good luck. sorry for the troubles.

3. Bert336

Bert336 Member
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    would you mind sharing what problems have you had with your other replacements?

4. destes37

destes37 Member
    None

Sep 25, 2010
    Random reboots on one of them....mid-phone call.
    Speaker issue on another and on the last the screen would time out(go black) while i was actively using the phone. GPS was acting up too.
    I was forced to the global from a D2 due to the fact they didnt have any in stock. The battery life on this device is horrible. My last phone call with a rep from Verizon they offered me an Ally. I laughed in their faces at that. The only other thing they offered was a new device at a discounted rate with a 1 year extension. No thank you!!!! When i expressed my disappointment about the inferior clnr's they were sending they ultimately were like take it or leave it. I enjoy the Verizon network and have had few problems in the past. I told the manager i would seriously consider shopping around my 5 lines at contracts end(august 2011) and they said and i qoute..."Thats your right sir and we are sorry you feel that way". I was really stunned by that.
    After the 2nd replacement i got a computer phone call with the survey and i gave a poor rating. I expected a call the next day but it never came. Damn shame.

5. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    FL
    Who are you using? Asurion? Motorola? Verizon? From the sound of it, Asurion. They're the insurance company... They don't give one damn if you switch service from Verizon or not.

Also, next time, don't get mad, just call back and talk to a different person. I recently had my D2G replaced because I washed it. I had my new phone the next day, and it worked great. 4 months later, it started developing the phantom touch screen issues that these phones sometimes have, and they replaced it with a CLNR the next day. I was unhappy with the build quality of the CLNR (it had a huge gap between the screen and keyboard), and called them as soon as I opened it, and they overnighted me a brand new D2G, before I had even sent back my CLNR. At one point, I had close to $1800 worth of D2Gs sitting on my desk haha.

Also, battery life isn't exceptional on these or anything, but just to show you that it CAN be done, here's my battery from last night:

[​IMG]

(The red 1 is actually circle battery widget telling me my battery is at 1%)

Time on:
    [​IMG]

Yup. 61 hours. I have the BP7X and run Fission. If you search for "My battery life writeup", my thread will tell you how to tweak your D2G for better battery life and performance. Also, get launcherpro or ADW or ANYTHING, they're ALL better than the stock launcher, and will make your D2G feel more similar to your D2. Note: That battery life isn't standard or anything, that's 2 days of pretty light use (for me, anyway). Probably 20 minutes of calls, an hour or two of listening to MP3s (I use mine to play music in my car), and some web browsing/texting/emailing/etc. I just wanted to show you that these phones CAN last awhile.

6. destes37

destes37 Member
    None

Sep 25, 2010
    I have read your write up and plan to implement some changes once i get a phone that works properly. I am dealing with Verizon, not Asurion and I was upset, yes, but at no time displayed this to the rep. I understand they just work there and have no reason to fly off the handle. I merely expressed my disappointment with the inferior devices sent to me and how i would hate to have to shop around when my contract is up.
    Great write up btw!

7. th3goob

th3goob Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Nanty Glo, PA
    Verizons customer support was always awesome to me, my moms palm pixi worked like shit, she went through 4 of them, then verizon gave her a clnr droid 2, my droid 1(which i loved) had problems since day 1 with randomly rebooting and freezing, so they gave me a d2g, but then they doubled billed us and wouldnt remove it and wanted our bill to be paid for those 2 months and we said we aint paying it so they shut off our phones and we switched to att, <3 full service for once

8. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Honestly if your phone is rebooting and its been a problem with all your phones look for constants.. format your memory card before putting it in your new clnr. They aren't inferior devices, you're doing something wrong at your end and its probably trash on your sd card or an app your installing.

Be mad at the phones manufacturer, not a cell service provider. They'll use the same clnr process with any provider you go to. Good luck

9. destes37

destes37 Member
    None

Sep 25, 2010
    If you noticed my issues you would see that they were all different.

10. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 10, 2010

Then focus on my last few sentences..

11. th3goob

th3goob Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Nanty Glo, PA
    ask to be elevated to their supervisor, they will help you normal reps wont do anything at all

12. s2kjames

s2kjames Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Attorney
    Norfolk, VA
    I'm currently on my second replacement phone. My original droid lasted for nearly a year before it developed a display issue on the bottom of the screen. The one verizon sent me seemed to work fine, but the power button did not respond when I wanted to unlock the screen. Hopefully the next one will be fine, but I have my doubts.

13. destes37

destes37 Member
    None

Sep 25, 2010
    So I stopped by a Verizon corporate store about my 4th clnr and it's re-booting issues. During my visit i was again offered and early upgrade, no thanks. The rep set up to have yet another phone sent to me and asked that i sign the electronic pad thing. At the top of the screen was a sentence that immediately jumped out at me. "I am authorizing a charge of $234.29 to my Verizon account." or something along those lines. IU asked the rep why it said that and her reponse was, it just comes up like that but you won't be charged. I laughed and told her that i wasnt signing anything to authorize a charge to my account. She told me i couldnt get my replacement if i didnt. I asked for a manager and he handled the situation as well as he could but could not explain why i was asked to sign for a charge. It was then that i realized i was never asked for the account password or the last 4 digits of the ssn of the account holder. I pointed this out to the manager and he acted like he could care less.
    My overall opinion of Verizon fell to 0% after this visit. This manager clearly didn't care that my account could have been compromised. Looks like I need to find a new service provider.
    I did shoot off an email concerning this experience and lack of security to Verizon and am waiting for the phone call from them like I have done for another issue in the past. Hope it turns out well.
    BTW, when waiting in the store I had an opportunity to play with a Samsung Droid Charge. I was very impressed. Looks like a great phone.

14. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    City of Sharks to the City of Live Music!
    LOL. You sound like the VZW Rep I talked with earlier. Cool guy though.

My moms been dealing with the same issue with her D2. Shes currently using her fourth D2 and my sisters on her second D2G. BOTH have serious issues with shutting off. Three of my moms replacements have been due to it turning off randomly, one of them just drained battery while idle. Both of my sisters had serious reboot issues, and my sisters current D2G has crazy screen issues. Itll be WAY off. Shell have to do a battery pull to get it working again. Ill be calling Moto tomorrow to see what theyre going to do about it all. Im tired of resetting up my moms phone every time they send her a new CLNR. lol.

15. anguish

anguish Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    IT bitch
    Hell's Outhouse
    It's an inferior device due to shoddy programming on the part of Motorola.

I'm hoping that when GB finally gets rolled out that it'll resolve some of the persistent issues I've had, such as the rebooting. I'd like to be able to use the phone again.

16. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    City of Sharks to the City of Live Music!
    I love my Verizon phone reps. They rock. Instead of sending these two phones(One D2 and one D2G) to Motorolla, Verizon stepped up today and replaced and upgraded them both to Droid X's. :D