• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4th droid incred, why oh why.. Suggestions on what to do?

I feel your pain.

I am now on my third HTC Incredible. The first one had call quality and signal issues. It was deemed defective by Verizon Tech Support. The second one again had the call quality issues, but no signal quality issues. But the screen would freeze up on me to point I had to do a battery pull to clear it out. Verizon Tech Support deemed that one defective too.

I really hope that this third one will be the charm. If not I will have to go back to a Blackberry.

Good luck with this one and hope it works out for you.

Upvote 0
Dude I had problems with the Moto Droid like this...mostly problems with build quality like the slider being crooked and also clicking like a storm cuz of space between screen and keyboard, ear speaker being blown, turned on my first one bought on release day and it was stuck in a boot loop...Verizon is good to us. Do not take advantage of them though. I have not had a single problem with my incredible and I could not be happier...That being said, you have probably just had incredibly bad luck...state what problems you have been having with you phone and we can advise you better but I recommend sticking with your incredible.

Upvote 0
Assuming that 1% of all Incredibles coming through QC are defective...

The odds of one person getting four defective units is 100,000,000 to 1.

I'm with TheSultan. Get a Razr.

It's probably closer to 5-15%. Assuming 10%, thats 1/10 get a replacement. So 1/100 have 2 defective units. 1/1,000 have 3, and 1/10,000 get 4. Considering that each subsequent replacement makes it more likely to go online about it, it's entirely reasonable that a few people on this forum have had 4 defective units.

Upvote 0
It's probably closer to 5-15%. Assuming 10%, thats 1/10 get a replacement. So 1/100 have 2 defective units. 1/1,000 have 3, and 1/10,000 get 4. Considering that each subsequent replacement makes it more likely to go online about it, it's entirely reasonable that a few people on this forum have had 4 defective units.

Assuming that 1% of all Incredibles coming through QC are defective...

The odds of one person getting four defective units is 100,000,000 to 1.

I'm with TheSultan. Get a Razr.

Buy lottery tickets.

Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0
Sorry.. totally forgot to state my problems.

1st phone - Call quality was HORRIBLE, tried my friend's phone and his quality was superior.

2nd phone - Lockscreen wouldn't unlock, screen would rarely respond, whole right side of my screen didn't respond.

3rd phone - Physical lock key on the top is jammed, ordered new battery case to see if it would help, doesn't help. Can't even put a case on my phone because I can't lock it and if I take the case off its unprotected and it still takes 5-10 tries to lock it..

Idk what to do... its crazy.

Upvote 0

Thank you for some damn reason.. I've only had 3 defective units. I'm getting my 4th phone. Hopefully the 4th time is a charm.

Upvote 0
Glad your sticking with the DInc, it's truly amazing, maybe just some really rotten luck. :D

I love the incredible, its a great phone..."when it works." lol..

We'll see what happens, sorry to hear some of you are having problems as well. Hopefully they fix some of these problems.

Also, to anyone who says I'm "rough" with my phones.. I had a voyager for over a year, never replaced it once, had a storm for 8 months and never replaced it, a black samsung flip phone before the voyager and never replaced it, iphone 3gs and never replaced it. I've only replaced a motorola razr I had back in the day. So, I've just had some badluck with the incredible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones