1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

5.0 "Stability" Issue

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by B_Mullins, Jan 18, 2016.

1. B_Mullins

B_Mullins Lurker

Running 5.0 on Nextbook NX116 with 64gb main & 32gb outboard.

Chrome and other apps spontaneously resetting without input from user. No warning, no rhyme/reason. Has taken 10+ tries to get this far. Problem not only in chrome but other apps such as Facebook, 2 banking apps and others. Even showing up as glitches in music playback through bluetooth. This effort so far has taken over 30 minutes.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

(If this has already been covered a simple link to thread w answer will suffice.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. B_Mullins

B_Mullins Lurker

Update/additional symptoms: Last night while reading an .epub in AiReader the reader suddenly crashed to a black screen. No response and only the "power" led lit. I tried to close the tablet (put to "sleep") but no apparent response. I held the power button down and after a couple of seconds the power led went out. When I held the pwr button down again, it booted normally.

Note: this a.m. everything is pretty much behaving normally. Chrome reloaded this tab once but otherwise no problems.

3. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Have you taken an update recently? If so I suggest a factory reset, or at least a wipe of cache.

4. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

It sounds like a memory issue..too many unnecessary applications dwelling on your phone..like the fb app and so on..that scene of you having to hold down the power button used to happen to me a lot until I started deleting unwelcome guests..