• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [5.1.1]XenonHD For LG Leon C50/H345 on T-Mobile and Walmart Family Mobile

So I jumped back to the 9/06 cm12 build, and after a couple days of monitoring my CPU stats I've noticed that the CPU automatically sticks to max (1200mhz min and max) as soon as you touch the screen and ramps back down after a second.
It seems something was fixed or changed in the time this ROM was built and the 9/06 build was released. I'll keep checking to find what changed.
Replacing kernel auditor with setcpu makes things a lot easier since you can actually lock CPU speeds.

Upvote 0
Did you try using viper4android? If GPS is working, I think I might give this one a go.
Tried the T-Mobile version, but I guess because I installed cm12 my phone now thinks it is a c50. Installed the mpcs version, all is well! Need to fix the camera, but I did test Pandora with v4a installed and the default audio disabled...nothing. Then I checked the box that said "force enable v4a" and suddenly Pandora had sound!!!

Upvote 0
Tried the T-Mobile version, but I guess because I installed cm12 my phone now thinks it is a c50. Installed the mpcs version, all is well! Need to fix the camera, but I did test Pandora with v4a installed and the default audio disabled...nothing. Then I checked the box that said "force enable v4a" and suddenly Pandora had sound!!!

To fix camera and camcorder download wonder share camera it works and thanks for the Pandora tip sir

Upvote 0
This is blazing effing fast much appreciated metropcs version BTW was able to flash normally no changes
yeah i thought the same when first flashed it is a fast ass rom i really like a few things id like to tweak but other than that is good do you know the apn setting to change for metro if not i got em for you just let me know

Reactions: TMacgnolia
Upvote 0
yeah i thought the same when first flashed it is a fast ass rom i really like a few things id like to tweak but other than that is good do you know the apn setting to change for metro if not i got em for you just let me know
Only thing I can't get going is the camera. And the APN is on metro ipv6 and works fine but what other one can you provide for me if it improves connection I'm with it

Upvote 0
Only thing I can't get going is the camera. And the APN is on metro ipv6 and works fine but what other one can you provide for me if it improves connection I'm with it
Read back some in the thread as I posted the camera fix and there is also a zip that is in the CM thread I think that is mentioned in this post. Unfortunatly it only fixes camera and not the camcordor. Hopefully UPS will show up tomorrow with the Leon I am waiting on and I can pick my work back up on this device. I would like to get all the bugs out of this build and then try to get Android 6.0 built for tthis device if pissible.

Upvote 0
Read back some in the thread as I posted the camera fix and there is also a zip that is in the CM thread I think that is mentioned in this post. Unfortunatly it only fixes camera and not the camcordor. Hopefully UPS will show up tomorrow with the Leon I am waiting on and I can pick my work back up on this device. I would like to get all the bugs out of this build and then try to get Android 6.0 built for tthis device if pissible.
The camcorder can be fixed with Wonder share power cam

Upvote 0
These are what I have I'll half to look up the unlimited Wi-Fi block fix again lost it after flash

Attachments

• 2016_01_06_23.11.42.png
    2016_01_06_23.11.42.png
    39 KB · Views: 121
  • 2016_01_06_23.11.48.png
    2016_01_06_23.11.48.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 2016_01_06_23.11.19.png
    2016_01_06_23.11.19.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
http://powercam.wondershare.com/ also can be found in app store the camcorder is a download in the app itself it works I promise

Upvote 0
These are what I have I'll half to look up the unlimited Wi-Fi block fix again lost it after flash
Did u change the name of the camera in the system to
Fixed the camera name in the system folder, installed the aforementioned app, downloaded the camcorder... And it works!!!!!

Now of only there was a way to add a flashlight to the quick settings panel!
Mine is in there it came like that and no bugs

Upvote 0
Did u change the name of the camera in the system to

Mine is in there it came like that and no bugs
I had to get rid of the .vendor in the name.

Also, I was trying to set up a spare laptop of mine for ROM dev. I got Ubuntu (15.10) installed, and was following the instructions on Google's site, set it up to only grab the latest branch of marshmallow...but it kept failing on the repo sync. I'm assuming it had to do with my company's public WiFi sucking, and I haven't had time to grab it while at home.

So if you'd like some help TMacgnolia, I'd love to (just know that I'm a complete noob with this, but I do have about 10yrs post college dev experience, so I'm pretty confident I can pick it up...plus I just love to hack around with stuff!!!)

Upvote 0
I had to get rid of the .vendor in the name.

Also, I was trying to set up a spare laptop of mine for ROM dev. I got Ubuntu (15.10) installed, and was following the instructions on Google's site, set it up to only grab the latest branch of marshmallow...but it kept failing on the repo sync. I'm assuming it had to do with my company's public WiFi sucking, and I haven't had time to grab it while at home.

So if you'd like some help TMacgnolia, I'd love to (just know that I'm a complete noob with this, but I do have about 10yrs post college dev experience, so I'm pretty confident I can pick it up...plus I just love to hack around with stuff!!!)
Well Android 6.0 is by far the hardest version of Android yet to build. Atleast in my opinion. But if you have some dev experience else where you should be able to start getting the hang of it.

I am currently trying to update my proprietary_vendor_lge with files from the sprint update as both variants are the same hardware wise. But it lookes like all the files I need are in a Pascal source code format and are not usable until installed and a first boot. I am assuming that the art runtime compiler compiles the files on boot. Guess I need to post in the thread to see if I can get someone to do a adb pull system and upload it.

Upvote 0
Flashlight is relies on the camera so if the camera does not work the flash light automatically will not work.
Yeah, I figured that...it is the camera's flash first, and a 'flashlight' as a secondary 'oh, this is cool' thing!

Happy to also report that wifi hotspot works perfectly!!! I was able to start it up, connect to it, and browse around online, and shut it down without any reboots! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones