• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [5.1.1]XenonHD For LG Leon C50/H345 on T-Mobile and Walmart Family Mobile

Look to see what path it has under download location when you add a file to Utorrent. I added a screen shot so you can see what I am talking about.

Screenshot_2016-01-10-06-01-36_zpsvidhv9tz.png

Changed to external storage, got a big red exclamation mark!

Storage location is /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.utorrent.client/files/Download

Upvote 0
OK so I have it downloaded and everything seems to be fine besides camera and one other thing , I downloaded the metro PCs version but my model number says h345? Do I have to reinstall or something or do I just need to mess with the APN? Idk what to do

Kinda tech savvy but not dev tech savvy
Build prop needs to be edited camera refused to work without edit have to edit the board line to metro like so

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-07-20-52-51.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-07-20-52-51.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Look to see what path it has under download location when you add a file to Utorrent. I added a screen shot so you can see what I am talking about.

Screenshot_2016-01-10-06-01-36_zpsvidhv9tz.png
Thanks @TMacgnolia. I think I got it figured out. I directed my downloads to the utorrent folder, and found I couldn't save files over 4gb, due to fat32 filesize restrictions. Through Twrp, I reformatted my SD as ext4. It was fat32. By formating as ext4, it cleared up my download issues, filesize issues, and I can now backup, restore, and flash from my sdcard again. I was able to download a 9.2 GB file today, firmware, coding, and some other programs all zipped together that a buddy of mine uploaded to his G Drive. So, in conclusion, if any one wants to be able to bypass the 4 GB restriction, I will post the steps shortly.

Reactions: TMacgnolia
Upvote 0
Steps I used to bypass fat32 filesize restriction when downloading files larger than 4gb to external SD

1: Reboot to TWRP
2: Wipe
3: Advanced Wipe
4: Check external sd
5: Repair or change filesystem
6: Ext4
7: Click home button
8: Reboot system

This worked for me, and hope I was able to give a little back to this great community. Note: this was done on CM12.1 09/06 build.

Upvote 0
Steps I used to bypass fat32 filesize restriction when downloading files larger than 4gb to external SD

1: Reboot to TWRP
2: Wipe
3: Advanced Wipe
4: Check external sd
5: Repair or change filesystem
6: Ext4
7: Click home button
8: Reboot system

This worked for me, and hope I was able to give a little back to this great community. Note: this was done on CM12.1 09/06 build.
Doesn't matter what ROM your were using. It matters as to what TWRP you are using as recovery is a stand alone bootable system not dependant on the Android OS.

Reactions: Jack Mickey
Upvote 0
Thanks @TMacgnolia. I think I got it figured out. I directed my downloads to the utorrent folder, and found I couldn't save files over 4gb, due to fat32 filesize restrictions. Through Twrp, I reformatted my SD as ext4. It was fat32. By formating as ext4, it cleared up my download issues, filesize issues, and I can now backup, restore, and flash from my sdcard again. I was able to download a 9.2 GB file today, firmware, coding, and some other programs all zipped together that a buddy of mine uploaded to his G Drive. So, in conclusion, if any one wants to be able to bypass the 4 GB restriction, I will post the steps shortly.
Hmm...I'm trying to save files much smaller to my SD card and it doesn't seem to want to write to it.

Edit: I just moved the app to SD, and suddenly it is letting me download to the card!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok I have new builds for both h345 and ms345, although ms345 users will have to edit the build.prop so it shows ms345 in Settings/About phone/Model number and Settings/About phone/Build number. Also I am not sure if the ms345 users will still have to manually enter their APN's as I can not test that. I have literally had no time to test everything in these builds so please supply feed back. I did test for boot but that is pretty much it although I did notice camera app is not showing in the app drawer and I have not installed gapps either.

Edit:USB now works for enternal storage and external sdcard.
Edit #2:I will try to rebuild tomorrow to have the camera fix included as I built with TeamRegular's updated device tree and I am guessing that their vendor/lge has not been changed to fix the camera.msm8916 naming issue. Camcorder still appears to not work.
Edit #3:GPS works

I will have to do some modifications to try and unify the device tree for h345 and ms345 as the only difference is the model number. Plus either I or someone else needs to make a recovery for h345 as the recovery I made is for c50 labeled ROMs and will only flash ROMs with c50 in the updater-script and the recovery inthe CM thread will only flash ROMs with ms345 in the updater-script. But yet I can use both recoveries on my h345 device and install ROMs as long as the ROM has the needed device listed in the updater-script.

OP will be updated shortly.

H345 Download use my recovery in the OP to install.

MS345 Download use recovery for ms345 in the OP to install.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones