• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5.9.902 is official!

Upvote 0
Saw this thread and checked the update -- 9.902 is available so I am currently running it.

Here is a pic of the updated OS:

1hZ7F.png

Upvote 0
That's what I assumed, but I do not see the download anywhere on my Droid. I just downloaded it again, and did not attempt to install it. I've searched both SD ans SD-ext, and there's no sign of a zip, or even any folder or file that was modified today. Any idea where it gets downloaded to?

If it was pushed by the system, as in checking for updates, then it goes to:

/cache - I downloaded the files that got pushed to my phone, then used adb shell from my computer to cp the files (I copied the .crc file too just for the hell of it) to the removable microSD.

Since I was on 901, my file names were:

Code:
Blur.Version.5.9.901.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip
Blur.Version.5.9.901.XT875.Verizon.en.US.crc

Depending upon which ROM you're on, the 9.901 part may be different, bu the rest of the file names should be the same.

As mentioned above, though, if you manually download a file directly via your phone's browser / other app, it should get placed in /sdcard/downloads or else /sdcard-ext/downloads.

(This post is for future reference for anyone else reading the thread).

Upvote 0
Has anybody noticed that they get an unresponsive phone with a black screen when trying to wake it up from sleep mode since doing the update? It hasn't happened every time, but at least 1/2 of the time.
It happened to me once ... yesterday ... when waking up from a dimmed screen. The only way I could get it back was with a reset/power on ... hold down volume up/volume down/power until it started to reload. ... Thom
I have had that happen in the past 2-3 times but not recently on .902.

Upvote 0
Verizon doesn't.

I asked specifically if I could try that and they said it wouldn't do any good so they are sending me a new phone.

"new" phone?

Maybe they're right.

If you are required to move your current SIM card to your "new" phone and if still has problems ... try a new SIM card.

I hope it works out for you.

... Thom

Upvote 0
I did for the first 4 hours after I installed the update.

I did a reset/power on by holding down the volume up/volume down/power button until the menu appeared and then disappeared.

This was a week ago and I have not had another data drop since then.

... Thom

Tried that. Took Sim card out and put it back in also. Data drops just as bad. Any other suggestions? Much appreciated

Upvote 0
Tried that. Took Sim card out and put it back in also. Data drops just as bad. Any other suggestions? Much appreciated

In November I went through a two week period where data was like a yo-yo. Drop after drop. This was when I was on 5.5.886.

After that period it stopped and was absolutely stable for the next six weeks.

My conclusion is that they were working on the tower near me and when they finished the data drops stopped.

Do others in your area have the same problem?
Do you have the problem when you move to a different area?

... Thom

Upvote 0
Been running .902 on unrooted phone since Friday. One benefit I just noticed is that two icons that constantly reverted to generic icon before upgrade now display the proper icon. Battery life is improved. Even with moderate or heavy use I can get close to 24 hours of use before needing to recharge. Since I have a flexible schedule I run the phone until after my morning wakeup reading/check of the state of the world. Then I charge till fully charged while I do my morning routine. Then off to school with it charged until the next morning.

Upvote 0
In November I went through a two week period where data was like a yo-yo. Drop after drop. This was when I was on 5.5.886.

After that period it stopped and was absolutely stable for the next six weeks.

My conclusion is that they were working on the tower near me and when they finished the data drops stopped.

Do others in your area have the same problem?
Do you have the problem when you move to a different area?

... Thom

Thanks Thom...I made some adjustment...I'll see how it goes...Greg

Upvote 0
Has anybody noticed that they get an unresponsive phone with a black screen when trying to wake it up from sleep mode since doing the update? It hasn't happened every time, but at least 1/2 of the time.

Got my first replacement phone on Thursday. It had scratches on the glass, so I didn't even bother activating it. They sent another and I received it yesterday. It looked like new so I went ahead and activated it.

So, different phone, NEW SIM card, same issue. :thinking:

I'm not sure what to try next other than removing all of my apps and maybe pulling all of my pics and other stuff off them SD card and formatting it.

Any other ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones