• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5.9.904 Update for DROID Bionic Officially Announced

81V76.png

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
I'm not in a 4G area, but I traveled to one on Tuesday. Ever since then my data has been acting relatively stupid, dropping on me randomly. I'm not sure what is going on, but....I'm researching it.

are you rooted or on a rom? I was on eclipse and kept dropping data. I then redownloaded eclipse and did a fresh flash and haven't had and drops since. I think it's because I kept flashing over different themes then flashing back to the stock rom. I'm just staying on the stock rom with a fresh flash and no problems.

Upvote 0
Well, you have to be rooted to be on a ROM, so yes to both :)

I did a fresh install last week of the latest CM9-SelfKang ICS for BIONIC, but it went stupid - and I think I know why now. I live in a non 4G area, but yesterday I went to Atlanta. Ever since then....

well I thought maybe you were stock root or on a rom is what I meant. the ics roms data were always a little iffy and unstable. you should check out eclipse.

Upvote 0
crpeck told me in the DH Shoutbox to:
  1. Power off the phone
  2. Remove the SIM
  3. Power on phone and wait for Missing SIM error
  4. Power phone back off
  5. Re-insert SIM
  6. Power on as normal.
I did that, and at first it did nothing, but then all of a sudden it connected and it hasn't dropped again, going on 18 hours....

Of course, YMMV - I rarely travel to a 4G area, so I may only be as good as I can be until my next venture into a 4G area....

Upvote 0
I was running safestrap with the Axi0m ICS rom on safe and stock rooted .902 on non-safe. At some point my stock .902 started to burn battery crazy fast and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I deleted safestrap and rsd'd back to stock .902, flashed the .904 update, got root with motofail and now I'm just running rooted .904 with great battery life and data connectivity. I'll wait until the get hardware acceleration and video working before safestrapping again to test ICS roms.

Upvote 0
I'm not in a 4G area, but I traveled to one on Tuesday. Ever since then my data has been acting relatively stupid, dropping on me randomly. I'm not sure what is going on, but....I'm researching it.

Ill say one thing. Since the last update i havent had any issues until today when i was in an area with no 4g and week 3g and had to do the airplane mode thing to get it up again. Since you are in a non 4g area have you switched it to 3g only not lte/cdma? You really would want it to not even try to search for lte if there is none anywho. Just curious anyways as like i said its the first time i had this issue in months

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones