1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

5 HRS 55 MIN to charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joewoowoo, May 21, 2011.

1. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Android Enthusiast

It takes my t bolt nearly 6 hrs to charge from 10% to 100% , does anyone else think this is ridiculously a long time to charge a stock battery? my OG D1 used to take just under 2 hrs. how long does it take your phone to charge ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Manarius

Manarius Newbie

Not even half that long, even if it's already turned on.

3. JEcht

JEcht Member

USB or wall charger?

4. robrecht

robrecht Android Enthusiast

Also, was the phone turned on and in use during part of this time? If so, how was the phone being used? 4G area? Lots of variables.

5. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert

You may have an issue. I can play games on mine and go from 9%-100 in about three hours max. Im also using the 1500 mah batteries.

6. BDBMike

BDBMike Newbie

With a USB charger I've noticed a rather slow charging, slow enough to where I had to switch it to my wall charger so I can see it taking up to 6 hours. However with a wall charger it's very fast, maybe 2 hours.

McLabia likes this.
  7. 97'es

97'es Member

I haven't timed it... at least a couple hours from 10%...but to the op it is significantly longer than my D1. About 50% longer id say...

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

On one of the little note tabs on the charger cord when you first get it, it says the normal charging time for a normal battery is 4 hours, 5 hours for extended battery.

9. chris2k5

chris2k5 Android Enthusiast

10. Whatstreet

Whatstreet Android Enthusiast

Most USB chargers provide about 800mA, this is also true for some car chargers and wall chargers. The best that I know of is 2A of current and this will not be from a computer USB, only car or wall outlet type chargers. The more current the charger has the faster the charge rate. Something to think about when shopping for a charger.

Also, if the phone has GPS on and is constantly syncing data such as email to Google or another server, the phone will draw more power leaving less charge current for the battery. This will increase charge time considerably. One of my car chargers is only 800mA and will barely charge the battery when using Google maps for car navigation. This would happen with any smart phone. I got a 2A car charger and it helps a lot but still does not charge as fast as when the phone is idle.

Posted with my Thunderdbolt.

11. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews