1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root 50% glitch after rooting + velocity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by falkner09, Mar 25, 2011.

1. falkner09

falkner09 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 5, 2010

Advertisement

2. GRZLA

GRZLA Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    If you really only had service 50%+ of the time then you would be dropping texts and calls CONSTANTLY. The 50% bug isnt you not having service, the bug is that it reports incorrect percentages.

50% BUG DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR PHONE IN ANY NEGATIVE WAY, PLEASE STOP THINKING SO!

3. falkner09

None

Oct 5, 2010
    It does, in fact. it's known to cause massive battery drain, as the phone gets stuck using extra battery power trying to find a connection when one already exists. this is a long known problem, which was fixed at one time by an update from LG/Verizon. it has now returned since i went to Velocity. my battery, for example, was at 100% when I got to work. after only 3 hours of absolutely no use, (no calls, no browsing, no app use, no texts, nothing) it's at 82%. this is not usual, and in fact at the end of my work day yesterday, it was down to 20%.

4. inception

inception Member
    None

Jan 8, 2011
    U.S.A
    Yeah, this happens to me too. I'm in school, it's in my pocket for around 6 hours or so, (bringing it to school at 90%-100%, and by the end of the day it's around 60 :/ Before, it would only lose around 5% of battery, and I have no idea what happened.

5. savoxis

savoxis Android Expert
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    ODOT Field Services Tech
    Pacific NW
    Please. Next time your phone is suffering from this fake bug.

let a logcat run for awhile. Then post it, if it shows failed connections or anything similar, Ill shut up and try and fix it. But I honestly believe this is a red herring

dautley, death2all110 and GRZLA like this.
  6. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator Windows/Unix
    Illinois, US
    And i honestly doubt its velocity. its probably 2.2.1 *IF* it even exists. But i doubt it truly exists, as being a problem, most likely a reporting problem. And the percentage in the battery isnt correct. its never gonna be spot on. its the way the ally/2.2.1 works deal with it.

7. falkner09

None

Oct 5, 2010
    What are you so defensive for? Its well known to be a real problem on different android phones. if you don't want to help then go away.and the percentage is correct on the battery, else the phone wouldn't turn off when its at 0%.

And savoxis, are you not listening? The problem isn't that I don't have signal. Th e problem is the phone think I have no signal, and therefore uses a massive amount of energy trying to find towers.

It was a serious problem when I was first on 2.1, but then lg fixed it with and ota update. Then with the LGMU froyo update, it was still gone. After using the lgnpst method to downgrade, then rooting to velocity with the guide here, however, its back. Any ideas? I heard. That people were more likely to have the glitch. If they went to froyo through the ota. Could that be a problem?

8. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator Windows/Unix
    Illinois, US
    I didnt mean that it wasnt accurate just saying its not exact. im not gonna bother explaining this to you. and as for telling me to go away, i mean seriously? you didnt tell anyone else to go a away. I'm a dev to. this is what i mean by people not respecting the devs on this damn forum. its like its a sin to be respectful. is it because im not deving on the velocity rom? what makes you tell me to go a way for not helping when you havent told grzla or savoxis to go away? please. enlighten me/humor me.

9. trout

trout Newbie
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    eugene. or
    Why would you tell a developer to go away flash your 2.2.1 backup which adeveloper recommended you do and take your self away. Maybe bring a charger around with you if you have such a problem. Make sure you recycle extra plastic and cans to make up for all the energy your phones wasting

10. dautley

dautley Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Dickson, TN.
    I've been seeing much better battery life under Velocity, unplugged with 10 hours of light use, 2 phone calls the battery is at 97%. I did have a issue earlier in the week when Verizon's internet was down around where I work and had a lot of battery drain that day. I think it was because of various apps kept trying to make a internet connection but it wasn't there.
    As far as the 50% bug goes, I've noticed it before but I really don't believe it effects battery life that much. you can try the fixes here and see if it helps your situation http://androidforums.com/android-lo...ded-bug-issue-almost-all-android-devices.html

11. falkner09

None

Oct 5, 2010
    Ok, the reason i told you to go away if you arent going to contribute anything constructive, is exactly that: these forums and forums like them are for sharing information in order to learn the causes of problems and use our collective knowledge to solve them. your post, however, was an example of a common problem found in many forums of all kinds; when user 1 comes to share a problem with others as a first step in order to arrive at a solution, user 2 occasionally comes to the topic to argue with person 1, denying that their problem is valid or even exists, despite that it clearly does, and denies that a solution is needed. alternatively, they belittle the problem and say things like "deal with it" which is not a solution. person 2 does this while saying nothing constructive whatsoever.

why they even post rather than ignore the topic is a mystery, perhaps you could enlighten myself and the others who have this problem on that. until you have something useful to say, like a suggestion on a solution or at least a hypothesis on the source of the problem that DOES EXIST, please move on to other topics.

as for why i didnt say that to savoxis, he actually did offer a suggestion for me to document the the problem using a logcat, although he misunderstood the glitch, thinking i was thought i was out of service, when it's actually a battery drain problem.

Tags: