• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$50 Google Play credit from Samsung for Note 3 users...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I got the email from Samsung I went to submit for my $50 credit, I did buy the phone about a month ago, but I am the original owner and when I went, it gave me an error and said to correct the information in the IMEI field, and it would never accept it, then a few days later the messages that they were out started popping up, did anyone else have that early on before they started saying they were out?

Upvote 0
I'd give SAMSUNG a call/on-line chat.

Reason being, the program was halted due to fraudulent claims not being verified to the actual phone/IMEI number.

If you've had issues getting a code, especially if you get the IMEI error, I'd guess SAMSUNG will make things right.

The one area where SAMSUNG could show some leadership in the tech industry is put a stop to the U.S./country exclusives & go global w/the promotions.

Reactions: MISS DIVA
Upvote 0
OK. Finally found it. Had to log in at a separate location other than just Google.com, wallet.google.com to be exact.

How do you make sure when you make a purchase it uses the credits first and not the "default" credit card on file?

If you haven't already found it, when you go to purchase an app, it should pop up with your account balance and default to that for the purchase.

Reactions: darkcyber
Upvote 0
Can someone clarify. Does the January 6 date (or whatever it was) represent a date that the credits will expire or the original end date for people to sign up? Just want to be sure if I should use up the $50 for whatever I can ASAP, just so I don't lose them, or if I can take my time.

I think I read somewhere that on the terms & conditions it said it was only available to the first 30,000. I could be wrong though.

Here's the terms:

SAMSUNG - It's Now Even Easier To Switch - Promotion ended

Google Play ? Google

No expiration on GOOGLE PLAY Credits.(ITEM 3 in 2nd Link)

Offer to apply/sign-up is the only thing that expires,from start of offer until JANUARY 6,2014 or while supplies last,with the latter appearing to be the case

http://samsung.plcontent.com/note3-pl1513/Content/OfficialRules.pdf?cdn=-1541087657

The 30,000 number of offers appears to be correct (SEE Item 4 in the above link).

Upvote 0
Everybody make sure to hit "Thanks" for Bobby posting this up. Just in case some of you might be hoping to use this to buy a device, like a chromecast, from what I remember the credits can't be applied to a device purchase. I didn't try it out on Movies or Music though, but just wanted to mention that ahead of time, regarding the credits.

Is this just for apps? I just tried to buy a Chromecast and there was no option to apply my credit.

I posted earlier in the thread

Upvote 0
lol....'Recieve a $50 Google play credit. Promotion runs to Jan 6th.'

This thing didn't even last one frickin day!! What a joke. I see it with half the day gone, just HALF the day....and they're out. Till Jan 6th my A........:mad:

I think I read somewhere that on the terms & conditions it said it was only available to the first 30,000. I could be wrong though.

Here's the terms:

SAMSUNG - It's Now Even Easier To Switch - Promotion ended

Google Play ? Google

No expiration on GOOGLE PLAY Credits.(ITEM 3 in 2nd Link)

Offer to apply/sign-up is the only thing that expires,from start of offer until JANUARY 6,2014 or while supplies last,with the latter appearing to be the case

http://samsung.plcontent.com/note3-pl1513/Content/OfficialRules.pdf?cdn=-1541087657

The 30,000 number of offers appears to be correct (SEE Item 4 in the above link).

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
lol....'Recieve a $50 Google play credit. Promotion runs to Jan 6th.'

This thing didn't even last one frickin day!! What a joke. I see it with half the day gone, just HALF the day....and they're out. Till Jan 6th my A........:mad:

Try reading the entire thread. It was ended early due to scammers redeeming hundreds of codes, selling them on eBay, and then bragging about it online.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones