• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

50% signal, battery life & audio loss. Is this the fix?

please don't hate me, but I've searched the threads and all it comes up is people saying they have it, but I never see an explanation.....

what is the 50% without signal mean?

thx!

Go to the main menu > Settings > About phone > Battery > Battery Use > Cell standby. It will tell you if you've had any time without signal. If it says 50%, you've got the bug. If you put your phone in Airplane Mode and then immediately back out of it, the bug goes dormant until you reboot your phone. Mine shows 0% time without signal with this trick.

Reactions: H2342
Upvote 0
Just went under settings, phone time on is 1 hour 8 minutes, cell signal has been on for 2 hours 16 minutes. There's the 50% without signal.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

More proof that the performance counters are BS. The processor is wasted on needless information. IMO. Can we turn off these applications that obviously are not working? The airplane mode trick stops the 50% issue but the time since booted parameters are all over the place.

Upvote 0
I have the 50% bug. I set my phone to airplane mode, then turned it off and it still says 50%. Does it take a while for it to go down? I have to reboot my phone fairly often (3-4 times a day) to deal with the no audio bug, so should I just automatically hit the airplane mode every time?

Verizon is sending me a new phone... what are the chances that it will be bug free?

Upvote 0
I have the 50% bug. I set my phone to airplane mode, then turned it off and it still says 50%. Does it take a while for it to go down? I have to reboot my phone fairly often (3-4 times a day) to deal with the no audio bug, so should I just automatically hit the airplane mode every time?

Verizon is sending me a new phone... what are the chances that it will be bug free?

The 50% comes from the cell timer multiplying time up by 2. Once the timer stops (airplane mode) and starts again, the timer starts normally. There really is no fix since it is integrated. Best thing to do is the airplane mode when you first turn on your phone. And make sure that it is refreshed so the timer stops.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones