• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root .595 Bootloop Every Time I Use Bootstrap

longhorn824

Feb 21, 2011
I finally get my .595 setup just how I like it, so I want to make a backup. I open Droid 2 Bootsrapper, get success for the top button, click the bottom button, and then go into bootloop. This is the second time this has happened and I have had to sbf and re do everything. I thought it was just a freak accident the first time, but something is obviously wrong. I can't access clock work mod though bootstrap on .595, and I am constantly in bootloop. I am looping right now, can anyone help me before I have to reset my phone for the 3rd time in a few days?

I finally get my .595 setup just how I like it, so I want to make a backup. I open Droid 2 Bootsrapper, get success for the top button, click the bottom button, and then go into bootloop. This is the second time this has happened and I have had to sbf and re do everything. I thought it was just a freak accident the first time, but something is obviously wrong. I can't access clock work mod though bootstrap on .595, and I am constantly in bootloop. I am looping right now, can anyone help me before I have to reset my phone for the 3rd time in a few days?

I just did sbf and installed .595 and have no problems. The BIGGEST thing I remember reading from everyone about doing this is wiping, wiping, and wiping. Get into factory recovery then try wiping your data and cache and see if that takes care of it.

Steps for factory recovery:

1. Make sure phone is off
2. Hold down the Power Button and the Home Button until the Moto logo comes up followed by the triangle with the android symbol
3. Press the Search button
4. Use the Volume buttons to navigate and select "Wipe Data to Factory Default" and use the camera button to select

Upvote 0
I just factory reset from stock recovery. Hopefully this works. How long of boot should I expect before deciding to sbf?

The instructions I had said once you update to .595 it could take up to 10 minutes on the first boot up. So, I would give it a little time and see what happens.

Here is the thread I started before I did sbf and upgraded to GB. http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/334605-what-current-rooted-gb-version.html

You might find something of use in there.

If it happened twice already and the factory wipe doesn't work, I think I would grab another sbf file. Also, what version of RSDLite are you using and desktop OS?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones