1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

.595 Bootloop Every Time I Use Bootstrap

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by longhorn824, May 17, 2011.

1. longhorn824

longhorn824 Newbie

I finally get my .595 setup just how I like it, so I want to make a backup. I open Droid 2 Bootsrapper, get success for the top button, click the bottom button, and then go into bootloop. This is the second time this has happened and I have had to sbf and re do everything. I thought it was just a freak accident the first time, but something is obviously wrong. I can't access clock work mod though bootstrap on .595, and I am constantly in bootloop. I am looping right now, can anyone help me before I have to reset my phone for the 3rd time in a few days?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

I just did sbf and installed .595 and have no problems. The BIGGEST thing I remember reading from everyone about doing this is wiping, wiping, and wiping. Get into factory recovery then try wiping your data and cache and see if that takes care of it.

Steps for factory recovery:

1. Make sure phone is off
    2. Hold down the Power Button and the Home Button until the Moto logo comes up followed by the triangle with the android symbol
    3. Press the Search button
    4. Use the Volume buttons to navigate and select "Wipe Data to Factory Default" and use the camera button to select

3. longhorn824

longhorn824 Newbie

I just factory reset from stock recovery. Hopefully this works. How long of boot should I expect before deciding to sbf?

4. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

The instructions I had said once you update to .595 it could take up to 10 minutes on the first boot up. So, I would give it a little time and see what happens.

Here is the thread I started before I did sbf and upgraded to GB. http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/334605-what-current-rooted-gb-version.html

You might find something of use in there.

If it happened twice already and the factory wipe doesn't work, I think I would grab another sbf file. Also, what version of RSDLite are you using and desktop OS?

5. longhorn824

longhorn824 Newbie

Thanks for that link. In the second post Raryn comments that there have been major bootloop issues with the .595 odexed version. I guess that is the problem. I'll have to sbf and install .595 deodexed.

6. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Oh, you used the odexed version. Yep, that could be your problem. I used .595 deodexed.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews