1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

595 droid x or 2 bootstrap

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmoney1353, May 16, 2011.

1. jmoney1353

jmoney1353 Newbie

should i use droid 2 bootstrap like the previous GB leaks or do I use droid x on 595

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

I haven't tried Droid X, but Droid 2 works.

3. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

I've been using Bootstrap 2 and it works fine.

4. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

both work...but for X to work you need to turn usb debugging to 'OFF'

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

well, X bootstrap doesn't work on the odex version of .595, with USB debug checked or unchecked, so I'd go with 2

SscoootzZ likes this.
  6. SscoootzZ

SscoootzZ Lurker

<<spoiler: n00b alert>>
    So, I'm pretty sure that I could use either DXBS or D2BS for executing into GB. Did I get that part right? I've seen mention that, to use DXBS, I'd need to 'un-check' the box for 'USB debugging' (eg, disabled). Did I get that part? And I've seen many people state that it's just as straightforward to use D2BS. Did I get that part right? However, it wasn't clear to me what state the debugging option needs to be in (enabled vs disabled). Any insight/assistance/guidance is greatly appreciated.

I've also read that there is no direct upgrade/install path from Froyo to the leaked GB .595 (deo + root). The advice there is to install the leaked GB .588 files first, then flash to .595. Did I get that right? Again, any insight/assistance/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I finally found the TBH app so frequently mentioned (yet more discreetly revealed - I felt like I was looking for 'ye Lucky Charms, LOL). I noted today (after yet another SBF back to Froyo - thanks 1KDS!) that the TBH app now lists .596 variants. Is it more wise to just flash the .596? Is there still the constraint of executing to .588 first then --> .595? Again, any insight/assistance/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Namast

7. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

droid2 bootstrapper works on all of 'em, if it were me (and this is what I did) just get D2 bootstrapper
    If you're using DX bs, UNcheck the usb debugging.
    If you're in FroYo .340, just take the two files for .596 and go straight there, no muss, no fuss.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews