1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

5G signal anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by J_Hansen, Jun 23, 2020.

1. J_Hansen

J_Hansen Well-Known Member

Anyone having decent 5G yet?
    I have started to see the 5G icon the last few days but still no increase in data speed, apparently it is because the carrier is doing testing and getting ready to switch it on in my area (fingers crossed)

2. LovelyAnguris

LovelyAnguris Lurker

No, it is not working for me also. Maybe it is under testing. I need 5G net speed is anyone knows plz update....

3. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

I went for the ability to have external storage over the 5G option as I see no need for the extra data speed just yet.
    I am, however still a fan of keeping all of my own files on a removable and transferable storage platform.

ocnbrze and marctronixx like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

there is a few spots here in LA that has 5G, but i have not come across it yet. they keep saying sometime in 2020, though with the coronavirus and pandemic happening who knows when 5G will arrive.

i bought the note 10+ 5G so that i can be grandfathered in when 5G does get turned on. this way i do not have to pay the extra fee they will charge for 5G service for future phones and plans with Verizon.

5. J_Hansen

J_Hansen Well-Known Member

I got to test the 5G in a proper spot the other day, 701 mbps was what I got :)
    It shows as 5G NR (New Radio) in the testing app, the 5G symbol on the phone seems to be when im on either an LTE-A connection or a proper 5G, I'm getting over 120mbps from the LTE- A when in the right location.

6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I've got a S20 5G and see the icon a lot but I don't see any enhancements over 4G. What is 5G supposed to do?

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews