• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5G speeds already around the corner

Local 4G

6692486727_6e5c6693a1_z.jpg

Upvote 0
This is kind of off topic but I researched about the accuracy of the speedtest app. Apparently it's not that accurate. I never got around to testing alternative methods of measuring the connection speed. I was wondering if anyone have used(sorry if this against the rules when I mention this) tethering to their computer to go on to the actual speedtest.net site and see if it differentiates from the app.
Also if anyone has used the speakeasy site to see what that reveals... heres a discussion on this: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/115451-accuracy-speedtest-net-app-vs-speakeasy.html#post2482981

Upvote 0
5G? lol. Who gives a damn what it's called. The speed is what matters. The name means nothing. Metro's LTE is a prime example. 1.3Mbps-3.5Mbps is NOT typical LTE speeds but yet it's still called LTE. HSPA+ is technically 3.5G and yetit hovers around the 12-14Mbps mark. HSPA which is 3G hovers around 5-8Mbps. Who cares what it's called. Just make what we already have BETTER!

And who dug this out of the thread graveyard? lol

Reactions: Johnny Crapple
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones