• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [6-22] Froyo Kangerade V1.1 - 10% Battery, GUI for scripts, All a2sd option, 7 Themes

just reinstalled this rom from scratch last night.....this morning, battery went from 100% to 90% within 30 minutes...i can't tell you what may have been enabled since I was still in the process of setting this up again...hopefully, using chevy's UL1.2ghz (been running p3's low kernels up to now), setcpu profiles and the JD ensemble (defender/plotter/ultimate) will get me back up to where 1.0 was...which was "unbelievable, never before came close" battery life...JD was in the 2.73x range....we'll see where this gets to....but hopefully source roms will start to hit and battery life will be much better...even us with overclocked kernels running...

Upvote 0
Third day with this build. Battery use is partially an issue. I had to put it on the charger at 8 pm. Under Verizons 2.1 I was going untill 10:pm. Not a issue.

The real issue is I can not get data connections to Verizon. Will not work even if I turn on the data connections. SERIOUS PROBLEM HERE! :( And also the Google Listen issue.

The only way I can get data is to connect to a WiFi network. no issue when I am at home or at work. But when I am out I can not Geocache anymore or get weather updates etc

Cant wait to try the Verizon Froyo in Late July but do not want to loose root.
I had a similar problem; thought it was just a fluke. I updated the baseband to the latest and best baseband for Froyo and it worked again, thankfully.

FWIW, when I was having that problem, it said "mobile connector state: disconnected" no matter what I tried; before I reinstalled baseband.

Reactions: DrDiff
Upvote 0
I too have the same problem as I posted earlier...

Anyone know what to do?:thinking:
I cancelled the downloading and installing apps I saw in marketplace downloads. As soon as I did this, it resumed downloading all of my other programs and when that was finished I could go back and install these apps from downloads in marketplace. If I tried to do this manually before the process was complete for the other apps however, it would stall again, so be patient.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem; thought it was just a fluke. I updated the baseband to the latest and best baseband for Froyo and it worked again, thankfully.

FWIW, when I was having that problem, it said "mobile connector state: disconnected" no matter what I tried; before I reinstalled baseband.

Sorry Magdelaine, newbie to rooting here. Did my first root two days ago. I say first root because I accidentally let the OTA update to Verizon 2.1 after the root before flashing my first rom!

More information on the baseband please. Do you have a source that I can download and install from? I download all files to a thumb drive and then go home and install from the thumb drive on my home computer. Thanks for the help.

BTW do you have any idea on how to get google Listen to work again?

Upvote 0
Sure: Pete put together an all in one baseband update that worked fine for me. I access the links via my browser on my phone and download items directly; saves me the step of moving files physically to the phone.

As for Listen, I never had any problems with it (luckily, I'm a Listen addict). Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling?

By the way, it may be worthwhile for you to start from scratch. Not go back to another ROM, but just triple wipe/format data, cache, boot, and system using whatever recovery you have installed, then load Froyo again. I hate to say it but sometimes it does take multiple wipes to get a completely clean install. What Froyo are you using, by the way?

Upvote 0
I just not getting good life from my battery with this rom. Birdman and nexfro so far have been the best for me. I even ran the stock kernal that came with this rom. Any suggestions on kernals for the cyanaide rom/
I'm using P3's 1200, don't know if a lv or ulv...but I run it at 1000 and I'm getting the best battery life I have ever gotten from my phone. No performance, stuttering problems either.

I would suggest it's an app you have running. Have you checked your battery use to see what is taking up most of the juice?

Upvote 0
I started messing with the newest version, and it was amazing! so problems at all. Until i decided to ditch the green, and check out the blue. Then thing's started going to shit. For one, the screen would not transition when the moved was moved sideways/up and down. So i reinstalled it via clockwork, wiped everything, and was hoping the would solve something. Because the orig. installation was from SPR. Nope. Didn't do it. Soo I tried to restore the previous 1.0 I had saved under SPR. So I flashed back (which took an unusally long time), and restarted ....but it would even let me into recovery mode. Just stays at the "M". So i'll take the battery out, and restart it, and it starts up no problem back to the blue theme. All of my backups are in SPR, none in Clockwork. So i'm kinda curious as to how to proceed....

Oh, and also, no matter when theme i tried in 1.1, in the "about", it still says "1.0"......ideas? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones