• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

60 day worry free guarantee?

I was able to get a CS rep on the phone to allow me to return my phone under a 60 worry free guarantee. Since I'm almost at the limit, he told me to go into a corporate store in the morning to do the return since they need to receive the phone by day 60 (think I'm at 58 or 59).

It took me 3 phone calls to get someone who would let me return to phone. First person told me it was only for people that have had their phone delayed due to stock issues. Second didn't even say it existed.

I just told them that I had a friend who had told me about the 60 days and his phone was already on it's way back.

Good luck.

Thank you. Now Steven and I are not alone! Good luck everyone else.

Upvote 0
Thank you. Now Steven and I are not alone! Good luck everyone else.

I guess I just don't get why everyone wants to move to the X. What's wrong with the Incredible that it needs to be traded? If there wasn't a problem in the first 30 days, what has arisen in the second 30? Most of the people in here waited for every little snippet of info leading up to the release. Now a new phone comes out a couple of months later, and anything that is anywhere from trivial to an annoyance makes it a reason to trade up.

When we were waiting for the Incredible, did we have any inclination that it would have any of the so-called problems that it apparently does? So the X is going to be problem free? And what happens when the Droid 2 or the Scorpion or even the Verizon iPhone come out? Will you start to see flaws in your newer phone then also and be looking for a way to trade up again?

I guess having a parent who grew up in the depression has made me appreciate what I have. Yes all the new things coming out are very cool, but they will also have their share of problems, maybe even more serious than the Incredible's had. But there will always be something new coming down the pike.

The only issue I have had has been audio dropping out intermittently on some calls. Had the same problem on my Moto flip phone. HTC knows of the issue and is working on a fix. I can wait. Froyo, I can wait for that too. One of the best parts of having a device for a longer amount of time is getting proficient with it, and finding new things it does. I'm giving it 12 months at least, unless something happens to make my phone unusable, and then I will entertain other phones as well but if the Incredible is still available it will be on the consideration list.

Upvote 0
I guess I just don't get why everyone wants to move to the X. What's wrong with the Incredible that it needs to be traded? If there wasn't a problem in the first 30 days, what has arisen in the second 30? Most of the people in here waited for every little snippet of info leading up to the release. Now a new phone comes out a couple of months later, and anything that is anywhere from trivial to an annoyance makes it a reason to trade up.

When we were waiting for the Incredible, did we have any inclination that it would have any of the so-called problems that it apparently does? So the X is going to be problem free? And what happens when the Droid 2 or the Scorpion or even the Verizon iPhone come out? Will you start to see flaws in your newer phone then also and be looking for a way to trade up again?

I guess having a parent who grew up in the depression has made me appreciate what I have. Yes all the new things coming out are very cool, but they will also have their share of problems, maybe even more serious than the Incredible's had. But there will always be something new coming down the pike.

The only issue I have had has been audio dropping out intermittently on some calls. Had the same problem on my Moto flip phone. HTC knows of the issue and is working on a fix. I can wait. Froyo, I can wait for that too. One of the best parts of having a device for a longer amount of time is getting proficient with it, and finding new things it does. I'm giving it 12 months at least, unless something happens to make my phone unusable, and then I will entertain other phones as well but if the Incredible is still available it will be on the consideration list.

Im in my first thirty days and had continuous problems. I can't even make phone calls properly. I asked for the Incredible originally but they told me a month and a half backorder. Thus my reason for the X.

Upvote 0
Friends,

I am very sorry not to have been available to you. After I returned Lolita (the name of my INC..(boy was she mad at me!)), after I returned it, I had to go back to my archaic Windows Mobile phone, the 6900. It was painful, because it was slow and I didn't have as much access to the internet as I did with my Dinc. So, yeah, I'm back to WM for now.

I understand some folks doubting my story, but I want to tell you this. My first post, which I edited to say that the story was true, stated that the story was false. Why I said that was because I called regular customer service. They didn't know anything about it. they gave me the same answer as someone stated here, that the 30 day WFG didn't start until you actually owned the phone. Fine. I wrote my comment in big capital letters, as I usually do when there is an issue that I feel requires "guide intervention."

Fine. Done. HowEVER, something inside me said, "why don't you bypass customer service and call tech support directly?" Fine. I did. I think you have to enter the number 4 or something instead of dialing 0 when you hit *611. I got a tech support guy and he said that they were honoring the 60 day WFG. My complaint was about call quality since I use this phone mainly for business. HE DID IT!

I went back into my post and corrected it saying that the OP was right. Is it true? I dont know. It was true for me, that's all I can tell you. I can also tell you how I did it. I had to go directly to Tech Support and bypass Customer Service. I lost my 35 dollar restocking fee. I also didn't have my cord with me so they charged me 30.00, which they said I could get back if I bring it in later. They said they were going to charge me for not having the original box, but I think because I ordered it over the internet, they didn't charge me for that. (I don't understand why but who's arguing?). It's worth it to me. So, I am now android-less and feeling it, but....

Let me explain why I did it. I was seriously considering doing it when the news of the X first came out, as I had a day left on my 30 day WFG. The reason I decided against it was because they thought it had a lesser processor, which turned out not to be true. The other reason was the motoblur, which is less of an issue, as I believe they've improved it somehow. The main thing is that it is android 2.1 and it is believed that it will upgrade to froyo in August.

Here's why I traded my Inc in.

1) Again, the call quality. I need perfect verizon calls every time. I now HATE my 6900, but I tell you that the call quality on it was better than the INC, which I confirmed when I went back to it today. In fact, it is significantly better and...

2) As I age, I am needed reading glasses more and more. I'll be 52 next month (August 5th to be exact, if anyone wants to buy me a toy for my birthday.). On the way to the VZW store, I stopped in radio shack to check to see if the size of the X would indeed be better for me. I saw the size of the evo and the HTC hd2. It was.

So, I pulled the trigger. I am still a fanboy of the Dinc. I am not down on it simply because the X is coming out. I love it and it is a great phone. I believe my situation will be served better with the X.

Finally, to all who believed me, thank you... To those who didn't but apologized, I forgive you.

PS: MM's box was as real as what happened to me today.

Thank you to the OP. You really helped me. +1 to you!

Upvote 0
Steven takes out his Guide Hat, now, and acts all official. Ok folks. You are going to have to abide by the rules. No rude posts. No value judgments on those of us who were able to get a 60 day WFG. It's true. It happened to me. Keep it civil or I request this thread be closed. I don't want ANY MEANNESS. Thank you. Carry on.

Upvote 0
I am on the phone with CSR, now. He's looking it up. (I'm giving a play-by-play).
OMG! It's true! I'm sending it back!

I'm going to wait for the x because of the bigger screen and the call quality issue. I'll be 52 in August and the eyes need bigger images for reading. ;)
When you say sending it back are they shipping you a box to put your phone in? Or are you going to the store. Because I went to a store and the guy didn't believe that I was having an issue with the call quality, and refused to take my phone back. I then called Verizon and the operator there helped me out (like the phone service always does with Verizon, they are amazing). So I need to go back to the store and if he doesn't take it back I need an alternative.

TLDR are you doing your return through the phone or in-store?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your post Steven. I too, may try to do this on my Inc. Mainly due to call problems, the pink hue screen, and a few other quirks. To me the Moto Droid is a more solid phone and I feel that the Droid X will be just a solid, not to mention the larger screen.

Will try to call VZW tomorrow to see what if anything can be done!

Cheers!

Upvote 0
There you have it fellas. I told you Steven would not yank peoples chain like that. Thanks for clearing that up for everyone here

My pleasure, woop. I just want to thank you for the nice things you said about me.

I do want to explain where I was to the people who were wondering what happened to me between the counter of VZW and now.

I went to the gym with my daughter, then after that, I took my wife to dinner and to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. I have a life, ya know!!!!!

Upvote 0
My pleasure, woop. I just want to thank you for the nice things you said about me.

I do want to explain where I was to the people who were wondering what happened to me between the counter of VZW and now.

I went to the gym with my daughter, then after that, I took my wife to dinner and to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. I have a life, ya know!!!!!

Thank you for updating. Now I dont feel like a crazy person. :)

Upvote 0
Thank you for updating. Now I dont feel like a crazy person. :)

Funny you say that. You put good information out that can't be verified. I was about to jump down your throat, too, until I called tech support directly. I got this really nice Scottish guy. He was very helpful. Because the 60 day WFG wasn't readily known by the regular VZW CSR's I had him notate my account for when I went to the store. Smart idea. That helped.

(whoever said you weren't crazy, though! ;) I kid. I kid.)

Upvote 0
So perhaps this is something that is for all phones that have known issues, just not advertised for obvious reasons? On 2 occasions in the past I have returned phones thru tech support/repair outside of the 30 day policy at no penalty whatsoever.

I said before I thought Steven was a legit guy and this further proves that. And my apologizes to Clittzen for thinking you were crazy. = P

Upvote 0
After speaking with 2 tech support people, I can confirm that there is a 60 day worry free guarantee, but ONLY under certain conditions. It does NOT apply to "all Incredibles". It ONLY applies to "backordered Incredibles" due to the fact that If you already backordered and Incredible and had to return it to a problem and had to backorder another Incredible within the FIRST 30 days (as in getting a brand new device), that they would allow you change to the Droid X because backorders are pushed back to over a month. That is where the 60 days return policy is referring to are "backordered" devices.

If you have had your phone for longer than 30 days from activation, you may NOT be able to return the device because you surpassed the Verizon 30-day WFG. You do NOT apply to anything that has been stated by Clittzen and Steven58.

For example, I tried explaining to both of them about my phone issue and about the blown speaker and call quality. They said to me BOTH that I could NOT return back my phone because it was activated well over 30 days ago. I fell under the 30 day WFG and did NOT apply to the 60 day WFG.

I deeply apologize for not saying that it is true. It is true, under certain conditions and not to ALL.

Upvote 0
After speaking with 2 tech support people, I can confirm that there is a 60 day worry free guarantee, but ONLY under certain conditions. It does NOT apply to "all Incredibles". It ONLY applies to "backordered Incredibles" due to the fact that If you already backordered and Incredible and had to return it to a problem and had to backorder another Incredible within the FIRST 30 days (as in getting a brand new device), that they would allow you change to the Droid X because backorders are pushed back to over a month. That is where the 60 days return policy is referring to are "backordered" devices.

If you have had your phone for longer than 30 days from activation, you may NOT be able to return the device because you surpassed the Verizon 30-day WFG. You do NOT apply to anything that has been stated by Clittzen and Steven58.

I deeply apologize for not saying that it is true. It is true, under certain conditions and not to ALL.
But the thing is, Steven has had his phone since release and is not on backorder.

Upvote 0
But the thing is, Steven has had his phone since release and is not on backorder.

Then I have no idea what's going on with my phone calls. I will call twice more to see if I have a different result later tonight. The two tech people I specifically talked with both said what I stated and would NOT let me return my phone.

Added: How Steven was able to do it, I don't know. I talked with a 3rd tech person and they also said NO. Perhaps the tech person that Steven talked with was a bit loopy. lol

Upvote 0

For example, I tried explaining to both of them about my phone issue and about the blown speaker and call quality. They said to me BOTH that I could NOT return back my phone because it was activated well over 30 days ago. I fell under the 30 day WFG and did NOT apply to the 60 day WFG.

I pre ordered my phone midnight April 19th and got it the day before it went on sale. So, I've had it about 59 days. I don't agree with what you are saying.

Upvote 0
So in a way Steven got lucky! Loop hole per se.

I am tempted to try this but nah... Love HTC. Love Incredible. Owned 3 Motorola's in the past. All suck. Never touching another Motorola in my life.

I'll wait for the next big HTC phone for Verizon. Thanks for all the info though!

I loved my Dinc too. It's a great phone. Have mercy on me, though. Bigger is better for my vision. Small things are getting harder and harder to read.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if there has been a phone that had bad call quality and a software update fixed it?

I love this phone, the size, speed, looks, android, etc. etc! But the call quality is less than the verizon quality I have been used to. I have only dropped about 2 calls over the last 8 years until now. I have dropped at least 5 calls with the incredible and have to say "what, I didnt hear you" at least 20 times a day. I have a few days left till 60 and want to keep it if the quality can be fixed by an update.

Upvote 0
I called Verizon tech support for the 3rd time and the 3rd person told me YES! He said that it applies to all Incredibles! He told me that I could just go to a Verizon store and return it.

Until... he told me that I was out of my 30 days since I activated it in April. He repeated to me twice that if you're past 30 days from the date of ACTIVATION, you can NOT return the phone. Their policy is to give you a refurbished phone, not give you a whole brand new phone. It has been Verizon's policy to give refurbished phones if you are out of the 60 days. Again the 60 day return policy ONLY applies to backordered Incredibles. Steven must have gotten very lucky because now I'm getting the same talk from 3 different tech people. They told me that starting the 15th of June, they were having this 60 day return policy ONLY through tech because of the immense backorders. I'm telling you my experience.

If I'm wrong though, then I expect a flood of people saying that they have returned their phones with no problems simply because they had it before 60 days.

So again, Steven, you are one lucky man for having been able to return it. LUCKY! :p Call tech support again yourself and ask them about what I'm talking about and see if I'm just making it all up.

AGAIN... this is like the other thread about if you have a backordered Incredible, you can go to the Droid X. What I'm talking about is what is happening in the other thread. It does NOT apply to ALL phones... unless you're lucky.

Upvote 0
^ You also have to keep in mind that they note every time you call, so after the first few times, your chances were pretty much slim to none. People that have not called before might have better luck getting this to work

Yep. Hooray for loopholes!

If anyone believes that what I'm saying is a fabrication, please feel free to tell me how I may be able to record a phone conversation with them and that I could post it to this forum. Even if my chances are slim to none, I can still ask them to clarify what the 60-day WFG covers, even though I've been told 3 times, but I'm sure there are people who think I'm just lying.

Upvote 0
I activated my first Dinc on May 24th, It started messing up within the 30 days. I called tech support and got them to order me a brand new DInc (have order number and everything) amd it wont ship till late July. DX comes out july 15th. most likley b4 i recive my new DInc. Would i have to call vzw tech cancel order, and send old DInc back and wait for DX or wait for my new DInc and leave it unopened for the DX. I guess i apply for the 60day... idk any input?

Upvote 0
^ You also have to keep in mind that they note every time you call, so after the first few times, your chances were pretty much slim to none. People that have not called before might have better luck getting this to work

Exactly, and CSR reps just start reading what the previous one noted. Might be why your actually finding people that "know" about it, or it could be cause your talking to tech support.

@Vihzel I dont think people think your lying.. Its just the nature of call centers and customer service. Sucks but true.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones