• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 602 to 2nd init?

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of AF-Early Bird Club
Feb 19, 2010
USA
I'm sorry, but I have to ask a stupid question, here. I'm thinking of trying a second init rom, again. Are there are gb based or are they all .340? I'm on .602.

The reason I have to ask this is because after becoming a mod, I feel as if I've lost a bit of touch with dx rooting. I've been more busy around the forum that with my phone. Tia.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask a stupid question, here. I'm thinking of trying a second init rom, again. Are there are gb based or are they all .340? I'm on .602.

The reason I have to ask this is because after becoming a mod, I feel as if I've lost a bit of touch with dx rooting. I've been more busy around the forum that with my phone. Tia.

CM7 with Gingerbread Kernal (.602)
[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel

Upvote 0
the GB kernel 2init roms have market downloading issues, i am remaining on the froyo kernel til those issues are resolved. cvpcs is going to include the newest gb kernel cm7 in the nightlies once he gets it straightened out.

I can't say that I have seen issues downloading from the market, weren't some people speculating that it had to do with the newest gapps?

Steven if you do take the plunge there is a gingerblur theme out now for CM7 so you don't have to dive in all at once. :)

Upvote 0
I just don't like the idea of having to flash nightlies. I fully understand bringing out fixes for various issues but I feel once every, or most, glitches are fixed a whole new Rom should be zipped up with all those fixes so you are flashing one file to get to cm7.

But hey, that's just me I guess....lol.

Upvote 0
I just don't like the idea of having to flash nightlies. I fully understand bringing out fixes for various issues but I feel once every, or most, glitches are fixed a whole new Rom should be zipped up with all those fixes so you are flashing one file to get to cm7.

But hey, that's just me I guess....lol.

I'm not a big fan of nighlites either, but you don't have to install every single nightly. Only a few nightlies have really been DX specific.........I guess my point is only flash the nightlies specific to the DX or ones that have major code changes to CM7.

Upvote 0
I'm not a big fan of nighlites either, but you don't have to install every single nightly. Only a few nightlies have really been DX specific.........I guess my point is only flash the nightlies specific to the DX or ones that have major code changes to CM7.

That makes sense but the only problem for me is I wouln't know where to begin. I haven't been keeping up with cm7 at all so I have no idea what file to flash to even get on cm7 nor do I know which nightlies to flash to fix the glitches.

I know, I should have been paying attention......lol.

Upvote 0
I've been running the 09.02.11 GB CM7 since release and haven't had any issues. Flash that and sit back for a while until a nightly piques your interest.

I had to reinstall everything last night due to my own stupidity, and with the .602 sbf file everything goes pretty quick.. sbf - root - install gb cm7 - flash gapps and jakebite - restore apps

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
I've been running the 09.02.11 GB CM7 since release and haven't had any issues. Flash that and sit back for a while until a nightly piques your interest.

I had to reinstall everything last night due to my own stupidity, and with the .602 sbf file everything goes pretty quick.. sbf - root - install gb cm7 - flash gapps and jakebite - restore apps

That's what I'm running right now with Jakebite Mods v8.......been running very smooth with really good battery life, just as good as ApeX in my opinion (battery life that is, it feels snappier than ApeX to me, but all 2nd-init Roms feels snappier to me :D).

Upvote 0
the GB kernel 2init roms have market downloading issues, i am remaining on the froyo kernel til those issues are resolved. cvpcs is going to include the newest gb kernel cm7 in the nightlies once he gets it straightened out.

Mine doesn't have any Market issues (I didn't try the stock Market, I'm using one that I themed myself :D), but I wouldn't expect any issues. It just depends on whether or not you remove any Market updates before updating the Market, but that can cause issues for any Rom.

Upvote 0
I'm holding on to the .340 based CM7 for now. Like mentioned above i'm just going to wait until the GB Kernel gets rolled into a nightly.

Cougar put your big girl panties on and try CM7. I like it and i've only flashed 2 nightlies in the last 3 months because there is no point in flashing everyone....

Its obvious a huge misconception that running CM7 requires the flashing of every nightly. I have seen this brought up in many threads.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones