• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Thought I saw somewhere on the MT forum that it would even tho it officially only supports 32G. Hopefully someone else will chime in who has used one...

sdxc has backwards compatibility. you won't get xc speeds but it will be fine. just know that sdxc comes formatted with exfat. you'll need to format as fat32

Don't know if this has been posted already but will a Triumph pick up a 64 gb microSD xc?

Been using a 64gb since july. Download guiformat onto your windows machine. You will need to use this to format 64gb @ FAT32 since windows only goes up to 32gb @ FAT32. You will end up with about 59gb available space due to FAT32 partitioning. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
so this does not work on a stock phone. I tested the same card in my wife's phone that is Android 2.3 and it worked. I notice that the above user that said it worked, had CM7 installed. When I formatted the card to a 32G in a PC it worked fine, but only read 32G. When I tried to format in the phone, it just booted over and over and over till I pulled the card out.

Oh well.... another reason to install a different ROM I guess

Upvote 0
Don't format it in your phone. Try a Linux machine or
download a Windows utility that will allow you to format the entire 64gb as fat32.
I had given up until you posted. I thought for sure if I got it to format in my wife's phone then it would work in mine.

After wasting about 3 hours reading and trying all kinds of format tools yesterday, I gave it one more shot and stumbled across this post today
http://www.head-fi.org/t/624365/cant-format-my-sandisk-64gb-sdxc-microsd-past-27-4gb/15

it's not exactly my problem, but it got me thinking. Maybe it's the stupid card reader causing the problem:hmmmm:

I was using a micro to usb adaptor and that is the reason why the PC only showed 32G as the size (or 27ish).

So I formatted the card to fat32 on the adaptor because my phone would not read it and just kept rebooting. It only showed 32G still in windows and with all the format tools.

I put the card in my phone and is only showed 32g as well, but at least it would read it now. I turned on USB drive on my phone... and it finally showed 64G size in the HP format tool. That tool didn't fix my problem, so I had to start all over to get it to read in the phone again. I used the guiformat tool and left the unit size alone at 2048. Finally it showed the full 64G size as well. I quick formatted and then it would show up in Windows finally as a 64G fat32 size. I turned off USB on my phone, and it read with no errors and showed the full size 59ish.

it was quite the process, but it works now. :smokingsomb:

guiformat tool http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Reactions: thangfish
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones