1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 64gb Micro sd card corruption

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    something happened with my micro sd card in my phone. i just sat down and all of a sudden my HTC one m9 couldn't read my sd card, after pulling it out looking at it, rebooting nothing worked. took it to the verizon store and the guy there tried a different card and said that mine as just corrupt and to go home and try it on my pc now im here and it keeps saying to either format the drive or it cant be read. i had almost the whole thing filled with hundreds of pictures a few hundred songs and like 12 whole shows im running testdisk to see if that will help but im not sure. i just want at least my pictures back. i received the sd card when i got my phone only a couple months ago and haven't touched it since. it was corrupted before from again the verizon store but i dident lose anything from that

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Hopefully, you can find a recovery software to get as much off the card as possible, but memory cards DO fail after so many read/write cycles. If it was a new, legitimate card and not a counterfeit (use an app called SD Insight to find out), then you can contact the card manufacturer for replacement. But this is why it's important to back up critical data every once in a while. Good luck.

AZgl1500 and psionandy like this.