• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

64GB micro SDXC cards - confirmed working in several Android devices

NZtechfreak

Android Expert
Apr 23, 2010
Auckland, New Zealand
Already posted this information to the Galaxy SII thread since that was the first phone I checked this in, but thought this is probably the most appropriate place to after they checked out in several other phones (perhaps a mod can merge threads.

The cards need reformatting to Fat32 in the device itself (thanks to 3waygeek who confirmed this here), but after that it works fine. So far has worked in my Galaxy S on Froyo, SGSII, and my stock HTC Sensation - I suspect it will work in most SDHC compatible devices.

I've already nearly filled the card, oh well... look forward to 128GB cards next year? Better start saving now...

Lots more detail with benchmarks and so forth at AndroidNZ: Sandisk 64GB Micro SDXC cards confirmed WORKING in Galaxy S II, HTC Sensation, Galaxy S

Sandisk 64GB Micro SDXC Vs Samsung Galaxy S II - YouTube

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones