1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General 64gb XD Card in their Exhibit II?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sirphilk, Nov 28, 2012.

1. sirphilk

sirphilk Active Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Has anyone tried this? I read elsewhere that most Android Phones support them. But I haven't heard anything specific for this phone. I have a 32gb card in there now and I'm starting to notice I'm getting somewhat low on space (doesn't help that I'm downloading torrents of TV shows to watch on the go -Thanks TMO for the unlimited Internet!)

Advertisement

2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Male
    electrician
    baltimore
    sure just format the card with your computer first

3. epp

epp Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Boston, MA
    Most of the recent Android phones will accept up to and including a 32Gb microSD card, not one larger than 32Gb and definitely not an XD card.

XD was a memory card originally developed by Fujifilm and Olympus several years ago for digital cameras, it's a completely different card. :)

4. sirphilk

sirphilk Active Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I made a mistake when I stated XD, I mean't XC. I got the one here:
    http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Micro...8&qid=1358404114&sr=8-1&keywords=64gb+microsd

I haven't tried it yet in my Galaxy Exhibit. I decided to install it in my Galaxy Tab 2 instead. The Galaxy Tab 2 also only states it supports up to and including 32gb Micro SD. And while I did need to reformat it to FAT32, it did and continues to work after that. I may buy a second one and try it out and see. If not it's no loss because I have a few other places I can use one.
    Thanks,
    Phil

5. epp

epp Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Boston, MA
    I bought a PNY 16Mb microSD card (and adapter) for one of my Exhibit 2's and it works fine. It was the only microSD that the retailer had at the time, but I have since found a 32Gb card elsewhere.