1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 6s edge shutting off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by extremez, Nov 8, 2016.

1. extremez

extremez Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2015
    Male
    In the last month or so my phone has been shutting off on it's own. At 1st it would happen at about 20-25% battery. It just shut off again and when I went to plug it in to charge it came up at 40% charged.

Most times my kid will be playing a game but it also happened this weekend while I was taking pics during a Tough Mudder event. Shut off around 30%.

Does this seem like a battery issue or is there something else that could be causing this?

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    It could possibly be overheating. It tends to do that when playing games for extended periods and the situation is frequently aggravated by some phone cases. Taking pictures however, should not cause any overheating. Try resetting your system cache. It's a long shot but might help.

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    If it's not overheating, it could be an indication that the battery has had it. Sealed on an S6 edge. Is the phone still under warranty?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge was released in 2015, and offered a curved display versus the standard flat panel found in the standard Galaxy S6. The device features a 5.1-inch display, 3GB of RAM, up to 128GB of storage, and a 16MP rear-facing camera.