• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [7.1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.1

I won't have to unlock the boot loader again will I?
No you won't. You can also delete the assert lines in the rom zip but its easier to just update your bootloader. I recommend the partition updater @SuperR put together to go ahead and get your modem updated also. The recovery version you're using is fine.

Upvote 0
Error trying to install this

upgrade your bootloader.

No you won't. You can also delete the assert lines in the rom zip but its easier to just update your bootloader. I recommend the partition updater @SuperR put together to go ahead and get your modem updated also. The recovery version you're using is fine.
Here is a link to the post containing the partition updater
http://androidforums.com/threads/cdma-get-ready-for-otas.897474/page-4#post-6904766

Upvote 0
The link. I provided upgrades ur bootloader so u can successfully flash lollipop
That's to a version of TWRP compiled against lollipop kernel sources (to fix flickering/rippling) like the CWM and Philz by @SuperR. The bootloader is a separate flashable zip in the "get ready for otas" thread.

Upvote 0
That's to a version of TWRP compiled against lollipop kernel sources (to fix flickering/rippling) like the CWM and Philz by @SuperR. The bootloader is a separate flashable zip in the "get ready for otas" thread.
Thanks for clearing things up u know ur stuff I forgot to mention u are the reason why we have data on lollipop with all ur great tips

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Got errors trying to install update partition. & still the same error on cm 12.1. I even flashed the other recovery you provided devilschild. Same result. Here's what I did. I wiped data and cache & wipe davisk cahche, then tried to flash partition update. It failed. Then tried to flash cm12.1 it failed. I'm using the 5.0.2 soak test right now. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Got errors trying to install update partition. & still the same error on cm 12.1. I even flashed the other recovery you provided devilschild. Same result. Here's what I did. I wiped data and cache & wipe davisk cahche, then tried to flash partition update. It failed. Then tried to flash cm12.1 it failed. I'm using the 5.0.2 soak test right now. What am I doing wrong?
What does the error say when you try to flash the ROM?

Edit: never mind. Just saw your screenshot. Weird though. It says your bootloader is "unknown".

Upvote 0
What does the error say when you try to flash the ROM?

Edit: never mind. Just saw your screenshot. Weird though. It says your bootloader is "unknown".
Here's exactly what it says.

Updating partition details . . .
. . . done
Full SELinux support is present.
MTP Enabled
Installing ' /sdcard/Download/falcon_220.42.18_updater.zip' . . .
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Verifying current system . . .
" /modem/image/adsp.b00" has unexpected contents
E; Error executing updater binary in zip ' /sdcard/Download/falcon_220.42.18_updater.zip'
Error flashing zip 'sdcard/Download/falcon_220.42.18_updater.zip'
Updating partition details. . .
. . . done
FAILED!

Nobody knows a fix for this? & sorry I couldnt screenshot my phone screen so I had to type that all manually.

Upvote 0
Could it be the modem causing this? What is that? Do I need to update it? It says it has "unexpected contents" no idea what all that is or means.
I assume you flashed the updater along with the rom when you installed the soak test. That is why you are getting the error now. I was asking about the rom, but then i saw your screenshot. The part that is confusing for me is that the rom says your bootloader is "unknown".

If you want to try and flash the rom anyway, there are instructions for removing the bootloader assert around here somewhere.

Upvote 0
I assume you flashed the updater along with the rom when you installed the soak test. That is why you are getting the error now. I was asking about the rom, but then i saw your screenshot. The part that is confusing for me is that the rom says your bootloader is "unknown".

If you want to try and flash the rom anyway, there are instructions for removing the bootloader assert around here somewhere.
Would you happen to know the link?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones