1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

7 months after the xperia play release, how do you rate the gaming?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkalchemyxex, Sep 2, 2011.

1. darkalchemyxex

darkalchemyxex Well-Known Member

Action Games:

Action games especially 3rd person , beat em ups and top down is where the dual analog touchpad shines the most. The controls are perfect especially on 3D enviroments where the D-Pad is too cut and dry when you want precision.

Casual:

None. I dont do much casual gaming.

Fighting:

Again the xperia play shines the most here with its d-pad control and shoulder buttons. If your a fighter fan you know how important those shoulder pads are.

Music:

Havent tried none yet.

Puzzle:

Havent tried none yet.

Role playing:

Another genre where the xperia play shines the most. If you played RPG games with a touchscreen, the different commands and swipes feels confusing when a button solves it all.

Shooter:

Although better than the psp, ds, ipod touch. Developers cant seem o get the touchpads right . Either the touchpads repond to slow or it just stops reponding.

Simulation:

Sims..ok.

Sports:

Not a big fan.

Stragety:

Havent tried none yet.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Android Expert

I'm having a blast with mine.

Emulators are super fun, but a lot of great games have come out with xperia play optimized controls.

My favorite ones right now are
    Death Work
    Minecraft
    Roboto
    They Need To Be Fed

I have about 20 games installed on my PLAY, not including emulators. I am also probably gonna get Galaxy On Fire 2, and am looking forward to the new Need for Speed.

3. AmneonX

AmneonX Android Enthusiast

I love it so far. I have a lot of emus(SNES, NES, PSX, GBA, GBC) and have been playing Mega Man X(to me, this wins it).

I have also played NOVA 2, Asphalt 6, Crash Banicoot, and it seems pretty flawless to me.

Also, I took advantage of Gameloft's promotion this weekend, so I have about 7 more games to play. This phone is the best. Thinking about waiting for next Playstation Certified phone for upgrade.

4. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

The gaming is awesome. Unfortunately, I couldn't deal with the low storage and switched phone

5. AmneonX

AmneonX Android Enthusiast

I have learned to deal with the low storage, plus most of my gaming is roms any ways.

6. oleb84

oleb84 Android Enthusiast

Gotta admit, having a games controller built into the phone is simply genious.

This is the ONLY device i need to take around with me now.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews