• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$70 credit for premier customers still available

They've been telling me they aren't supposed to do the $70 in conjunction with the $150 upgrade (even when doing $70 first, then upgrade). Their system still doesn't block out this loophole though, so a nice rep will still give it to you if you hammer them enough. Some will even just give you $50 for being a long time customer, then complain again and they might give you another $10, then a supervisor might review your case and give you another $10 to complete $70...

They've also been phasing out the Premier activation fee waiver.. :\

Also if your 1 yr was in march, try waiting another 3 months until you are exactly 6 months before expiration of contract. They're more willing then but you can't have already upgraded.

Upvote 0
I just got my 70.00 like the thread says! The rep said the 10/24 ended in June. Thanks!

I missed this thread the 1st time around (probably too busy playing with my new phone). Just asked for it in chat and was told that I couldn't get the $70 since I upgraded. I typed that dozens of other customers are reporting that they did get the credit and asked what makes them more special than me. My chat session was immediately disconnected and I was taken to a customer service questionnaire. I filled that out pretty negatively and gave the rep's name and said that the customer service was poor and that rep needs some additional training. I asked again for the $70 credit.

Hopefully, that'll get me somewhere. Who knows if anyone reads or cares about those surveys.

Upvote 0
I missed this thread the 1st time around (probably too busy playing with my new phone). Just asked for it in chat and was told that I couldn't get the $70 since I upgraded. I typed that dozens of other customers are reporting that they did get the credit and asked what makes them more special than me. My chat session was immediately disconnected and I was taken to a customer service questionnaire. I filled that out pretty negatively and gave the rep's name and said that the customer service was poor and that rep needs some additional training. I asked again for the $70 credit.

Hopefully, that'll get me somewhere. Who knows if anyone reads or cares about those surveys.

I called on the land line, ended up talking to a retention manager. She said it was not really a program, just something they can do to keep ya happy as a long time Sprint cust. Mark

Upvote 0
I just called. I got the $70 on one line but not the other. It was a credit for renewing my 2 year contract, but does not effect the phone upgrade my wife is eligible for in NOV. She said the discounts randomly pop up and that there was not one available for my line, probably because i just renewed my contract when i got the EVO. I bet if i would have called before i upgraded I would have got the $70 for my line as well.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify, the $70 is for renewing your 2 year contract after 2 years. When I get my yearly upgrade I won't get this credit. My husband recently upgraded online after 2 years and when I called CS about a different line he asked if I knew that I can get a $70 credit for our recent upgrade. I said no I didn't so he applied it. :)

CS has been AWESOME the last like year! I haven't had to yell at them once! ;)

Upvote 0
I JUST got my $70 credit!

At first they tried to give me 450 anytime minutes, but I never come close to going over now that we have free mobile to mobile. So I rebutted, stating I dont go over, I dont need 450 minutes more. The rep said she would check and get back to me, Put me on hold then confirmed that she would give me the $70 credit if I renewed my contract today. I just renewed my contract 2 weeks ago when I got the EVO!!!

Thanks Android Forums!!

Upvote 0
I JUST got my $70 credit!

At first they tried to give me 450 anytime minutes, but I never come close to going over now that we have free mobile to mobile. So I rebutted, stating I dont go over, I dont need 450 minutes more. The rep said she would check and get back to me, Put me on hold then confirmed that she would give me the $70 credit if I renewed my contract today. I just renewed my contract 2 weeks ago when I got the EVO!!!

Thanks Android Forums!!

Yes that's right. It was a couple days after we had upgraded so they asked to get the credit I had to change the renew date to hat day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones