1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

70 mph Fast ...tinate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bmxdad, Jun 5, 2011.

1. bmxdad

bmxdad Member
    None

Oct 16, 2010
    Programmer
    Puyallup, Wa
    I did a oops Friday after work ...

Weather was really nice as I got off work, so before getting into my car I took my coat off. While doing that I pulled my phone out and gently laid it on top of my car.

Well ... after hitting about 70mph I heard a thump for my roof and thought what was that? then I heard it again ... looked in the mirror and saw this red object, my protector is a red silicon boot, drop off the back of my car, hit the ground and bounce about eight feet in the air. A car went underneath it and it disappeared from sight; to say I was upset is putting it mildly.

Being that it was rush hour I gave up any hope of finding it, but after thinking about it when I got home ... I decided to go back around dusk, when the traffic is lite and there is still light enough to see.

Took me less than a minute to find the cover ... looked untouched. Phone was 20 feet away ... but there was no back cover, sd card or battery ... besides a few scratches it looked OK. Well, another 20 feet and I found the battery, bent into an L shape. Just for fun, i flatened it out and put it in the phone ... lights came on whoo hoo ... sadly that's all that happened. Closer look of the screen showed that though the glass was in good shape the screen underneath was not.

I purchased the phone at BestBuy, along with insurance so I'll find out in a week if I have a phone to use. I tried plugin it in to my computer and run Odin to return it to stock, but all I could get was a yellow connection showing Id=0 and a COM number, it could not get past the setting up connection so I'm assuming its toast inside as well ... anyway, I'll update when I hear something.

And yes, I feel like an idiot for doing what I did ... wish I had one of those Goldberg devices so I could kick my own butt ... :(

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    What a bummer!! Don't feel alone however. Just about all of us have had a phone disaster of some sort.. self included. Good luck on the replacement.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Wow! Sorry about this.

4. bmxdad

bmxdad Member
    None

Oct 16, 2010
    Programmer
    Puyallup, Wa
    Update: The Fascinate qualifies for the quick replace option on the insurance I got ... so it was replaced for free. :) Only problem is it's lacking a battery, so that's on order ...

Also going to the verizon.com site to order another new spare battery with the standalone charger ... $20 shipped. Cheaper then the $38 dollars I would normally spend if I got it at Batteries+.

Attachment is the flying Fascinate and battery ... RIP.
    Can't believe how much I really used it, now that I've been only using my old LG Vue.

Attached Files: