• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 720p Video playback stutter?

zijincheng

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, I have the Incredible S from virgin and the reviews from phonearena showed the incredible S playing 720p movies without any stutter but when I try to play an mp4 file @ 1280x720 h.264 it lags hard, why?

Also, I have task killer and I always kill apps to save RAM, and I see that I always have 320Mb of ram or less free when I start up or when I have the minimum amount of apps running, since this phone as 768Mb, does that mean sense takes up like 300mb? Is there any way to cut down on RAM consumption?

I'm thinking its because I don't have enough RAM that 720p lags...

Hi, I have the Incredible S from virgin and the reviews from phonearena showed the incredible S playing 720p movies without any stutter but when I try to play an mp4 file @ 1280x720 h.264 it lags hard, why?

Also, I have task killer and I always kill apps to save RAM, and I see that I always have 320Mb of ram or less free when I start up or when I have the minimum amount of apps running, since this phone as 768Mb, does that mean sense takes up like 300mb? Is there any way to cut down on RAM consumption?

Mine does the same, I even notice it lagging when shooting in 720p

Upvote 0

It takes so much RAM because of the SD card, i guess.. it may help you, i have the same problems...((

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones