• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 769 bootloader....

I understand the process is difficult BC of the inverted screen but why does someone not host the unlocked bootchain so we can just push it to our device? We can even make a little script to do it for us.....

Hey, on xda @jacase was talking about this. He found the spritebud exploit that lead to the easyroot method/app. He thought the same might be done to modify bootchain, but would offer no further information on how to do so. I'm trying to help any way I can, but this is a bit beyond what I know how to do. I'm sure I could find someone to post up what you need, and am willing to test.
Thnx

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
I would need the partitions of an unlocked bootloaders phone for the 769. There is no abooot so its different than what I'm familiar with but to start the boot and recovery block. I'm not. Sure yet which block contains more on the usual lock but I'm not home to check. Only had the phone a day but I think this is something I can do. Also I'm interested in making some roms, mostly for unlocked phones since I have no 2nd int experience. In particular the paranoid roms,with the large screen the roms would be awesome. Sunday when I'm home I will setup an account for xda and ask for some permissions to use some things. My current Linux setup should be fine for this. I will also try to add in tweaks like acid mod amount others. I'm also verycurious about the ringback tunes app I haven't had a service that does this. I wonder how easy it is to mod that apk or has it been done? I've got a bit to learn with this lamp so I will they. To get some things off the ground for it (on phandroid, my home :-D).

Reactions: mbwhite260
Upvote 0
I would need the partitions of an unlocked bootloaders phone for the 769. There is no abooot so its different than what I'm familiar with but to start the boot and recovery block. I'm not. Sure yet which block contains more on the usual lock but I'm not home to check. Only had the phone a day but I think this is something I can do. Also I'm interested in making some roms, mostly for unlocked phones since I have no 2nd int experience. In particular the paranoid roms,with the large screen the roms would be awesome. Sunday when I'm home I will setup an account for xda and ask for some permissions to use some things. My current Linux setup should be fine for this. I will also try to add in tweaks like acid mod amount others. I'm also verycurious about the ringback tunes app I haven't had a service that does this. I wonder how easy it is to mod that apk or has it been done? I've got a bit to learn with this lamp so I will they. To get some things off the ground for it (on phandroid, my home :-D).

That would be cool. I'll try to coax someone into dumping the boot and recovery blocks, I can host them on my drop box if needed. I'll hopefully post a link later.
Thanks for your interest!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mbwhite260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones