• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

8% battery life used in 40 minutes of off/on texting

If you feel your unit may have battery usage issues consider exchanging it if you are still in your remorse period

Just doing some quick math though.. 100 percent divided by 8 percent is 12.5. Next, 40 minutes is the same as (40/60)=0.666 hours.
So, taking 0.666hours, and multiplying it by 12.5, gives you 8.33 hours of use at your current usuage rate. It doesn't seem like there is a problem.

But check your remorse, if you still have time, it won't hurt to exchange your phone if you feel your current one has a problem.

Upvote 0
If you feel your unit may have battery usage issues consider exchanging it if you are still in your remorse period

Just doing some quick math though.. 100 percent divided by 8 percent is 12.5. Next, 40 minutes is the same as (40/60)=0.666 hours.
So, taking 0.666hours, and multiplying it by 12.5, gives you 8.33 hours of use at your current usuage rate. It doesn't seem like there is a problem.

Its at 88 % with 80 minutes off the charger. My battery is draining ridic fast..

Id say Im losing 1% every 10 minutes consistently.

But check your remorse, if you still have time, it won't hurt to exchange your phone if you feel your current one has a problem.

I definitely still have remorse but really 8 hours? I am not even using any GPU intensive tasks.

Upvote 0
Its been 54 minutes since unplug and Im at 86%... I have texted about 50-60 times, that's it.

I dunno, I guess i'm not a battery expert. I just know these Super Android Phones aren't really that great in terms of battery. When you make a switch to one of these phones its kind of a shock at first to new users. Then you realize all these Super Android phones... Galaxy S, Evo, DroidX, INcredible, etc... all suck at battery life.

Just exchange your phone, then if your new phone behaves the same way, you won't be doubting your purchase, you will feel confident that all of these phones suck at battery life.

Try one other thing..I have to admit I don't know if this really works, But I use it, download Advanced Task Killer (ATK) and see if that helps you. THere are arguments for and against this program. Some say its total bull, I gotta admit, I kinda think it helps.

Upvote 0
I dunno, I guess i'm not a battery expert. I just know these Super Android Phones aren't really that great in terms of battery. When you make a switch to one of these phones its kind of a shock at first to new users. Then you realize all these Super Android phones... Galaxy S, Evo, DroidX, INcredible, etc... all suck at battery life.

Just exchange your phone, then if your new phone behaves the same way, you won't be doubting your purchase, you will feel confident that all of these phones suck at battery life.

Try one other thing..I have to admit I don't know if this really works, But I use it, download Advanced Task Killer (ATK) and see if that helps you. THere are arguments for and against this program. Some say its total bull, I gotta admit, I kinda think it helps.

Keep in mind, I have gimped my phone lower than stock. No GPS, Bluetooth, a black screen, locks is on fastest settings, no 3g

Update: T-Mobile just shipped me a new battery and I dont have to exchange my old one. It dropped 2% in a 15 minute phone call with T-Mobile, and I was using my mom's phone.

How would I do a hard reset? I heard this helps battery life.

Upvote 0
My phone goes at a rate of 10% an hour usually. I am a heavy user tho. It could be your wallpaper. I found I had a longer battery when I used the black and white tree wallpaper on the phone. It's not really an issue for me though because I have a car charger and a wall charger. I usually plug it in when I am in the car. I haven't today and I've used the phone very heavily and it has been unplugged 9 hours and I am at 41%. Actually, looking at those numbers, it appears my battery life has improved a good bit. I should point out though that the first 10% always goes EXTREMELY fast. On the other hand the last 10% can last WAY longer than I would expect. I think it either drains slower over time or it's just the widget/battery are off.

Upvote 0
My phone goes at a rate of 10% an hour usually. I am a heavy user tho. It could be your wallpaper. I found I had a longer battery when I used the black and white tree wallpaper on the phone. It's not really an issue for me though because I have a car charger and a wall charger. I usually plug it in when I am in the car. I haven't today and I've used the phone very heavily and it has been unplugged 9 hours and I am at 41%. Actually, looking at those numbers, it appears my battery life has improved a good bit. I should point out though that the first 10% always goes EXTREMELY fast. On the other hand the last 10% can last WAY longer than I would expect. I think it either drains slower over time or it's just the widget/battery are off.

I am already using a black wall paper. My battery is definitely defective going off of what you're saying. My battery wouldn't last 9 hours regardless of what I was doing.

What is the best battery life application for stats and stuff. Battery monitor was definitely not working properly for me.

Upvote 0
You may want to give it some more time. I'd drain it down to almost 0 and then charge overnight. I did that several times to "callibrate" the battery. I think it takes a little while to get the full use out of the battery.

Well, either way, T-Mobile gave me a free battery, which is awesome. We will see, I almost am 100% my battery is not performing as well as expected.

Upvote 0
I was at a T-Mobile store today and was messing with a MyTouch and it had a text from T-Mobile to it...lol

It said that on the 4th, the MyTouch owners were to get an update (not Froyo) that would give it better battery life and a couple other things. It said everyone else would have that update by the 19th via an OTA text to download.

How is that relevant to this thread lol, unless by everyone else you're implying they meant the samsung vibrant

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones