1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

8 Realms game Beta (phone)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Eduardo - JG, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Eduardo - JG

Eduardo - JG Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Works at Jagex - fan communities.
    UK, Cambridge
    Hey,

Edit: The game is now live and I have a beta key for you lovely people! You can use key "Apollo" when prompted at www.8realms.com. I hope you all give it a go and best of luck winning an iPod touch. :)

My name is Eduardo and I work for an online computer games company called Jagex. As you can probably imagine, this is a post about shameless self-promotion for one of our new games. Our game is currently in closed Beta stages and we would love to get your communities' opinion on it. The game is called 8Realms and it’s a RTS that is designed to be playable anywhere on any device that has a browser!

Actually, that's where you guys can get involved.

We really want the game to be playable from anywhere and that should include mobile phones with browser capabilities. I'd love you guys here to get involved in our closed beta and not only try the game out but also test it out on your phones to see if it works! There are far too many phones out there and having your feedback on compatibility would be incredible.

The game is free to play as well. Please remember this is a browser game and not an android-specific app.

We are also offering a free ipod touch every day to a random player playing the game from the 22nd of July to the 17th of August. That is, yes, 27 free ipods getting handed out to players so you can play the game wherever you are;). We have some other awesome prizes up for grabs during the game also so keep your eyes peeled for other big prizes!

The next round will start this Friday so I wanted to get in early and get any questions you had in before it comes up. Feel free to head over to the site and register for a beta key (which will come on Friday) but I will also be able to dish out a specific one for you guys on here on Friday also.

Any questions just give me a shout, I will be checking back regularly and will also be mooching around the forums in general!

Link to the game website: www.8realms.com

I'll come back to contribute a little more to discussion so hopefully, you guys are keen on trying this out.

-Eduardo

Advertisement

2. Deadboys

Deadboys Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    I've actually been playing since the very first game cycle, and runescape before that. I've tried a few times playing on my HTC EVO running android 2.3.3 and had little success the game is hardly playable on mobile. If you don't mind speaking with me in private please feel free to message an email or instant message handle i might be able to contact you on. Thanks.

3. Eduardo - JG

Eduardo - JG Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    UK, Cambridge
    Hi Deadboys,

Awesome to know you a Jagex player! Firstly don't forget that you need to register for this cycle to be in with a chance for the prizes. Also though we are really interested in the devices that do and don;t work. We have a feedack forum on the 8Realms site and would suggest putting it in there. I know it is something that we are reviewing and finding out which devices work the best and I will pass this one on. :)

4. Deadboys

Deadboys Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Yes, I actually registered for it the day i saw it on the front page. Back on subject I purchased a Motorola Xoom today and tried playing on that and it worked near flawless, although i suspect that maybe an android native app would have preformed a lot smoother. What are Jagex's plans on device specific apps or at least an android and IOS app, I'd really like to speak with you about a few other game details on a more personal basis as i mentioned before, if you would like to do so please contact me.

Eduardo - JG likes this.
  5. Eduardo - JG

Eduardo - JG Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    UK, Cambridge
    Hi Deadboys!

Glad to hear your giving it a go and best of luck in the competition.

In terms of future plans obviously working on the areas of feedback at the moment are the main focus as we are in beta. Nice to hear it's working well on other devices!

As for the more direct discussion, I guess it depends what it's regarding. If you give me a tiny bit more info I can either contact you myself or perhaps direct you to someone that will have all the knowledge you need on that subject.

6. Deadboys

Deadboys Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011

I'd just like to know a little bit more about the future of 8realms and talk a bit about certain game mechanics.