• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

9/30 - New Maintanence Sprint UPDATE!! DI18!!

Hello all! My fiance and I just purchased the Epic for ourselves Friday 10/1. I checked each of our versions today. She has the DI18 and I'm still on DI07. We are in Southern New Jersey. She couldn't care less about any of this update stuff and of course it was her that received it :D. Hopefully everyone gets it soon. I find it odd that sprint issued an announcement that it was being postponed, but haven't said the process is back underway, yet people are receiving the update.

Upvote 0
UMMM - for an old phart like me - can you describe exactly what you need to do?? I have the file downloaded in the root directory - however - whenever I start - it starts normally.

TIA!

dude, read the directions as posted you have to turn the phone on while holding the volume down button and the camera button at the same time. worked perfect for me.

Upvote 0
No update love for me yet either (metro Boston)

I'm in Boston as well, and my wife and I haven't got it.

Now I know that its available offline by SDX but... I have my reserves for not installing it. I have heard that one of the reasons the they yanked it was not because of the "admin issues" they said they had, it was due to bugs, so I might wait till they shoot it out again.

Upvote 0
I'm in Boston as well, and my wife and I haven't got it.

I found it interesting that I was updated around the time of other New York users but the update itself occurred in Boston, where many haven't yet received it:

I was walking back from the pier toward Haymarket Station on October 2 at around 4:00 p.m. and got the update prompt while texting my travel partner, who was meeting me at South Station. It happened just as I passed that rather famous oyster bar with the endless line of tourists waiting outside.

Upvote 0

i didn't get into it with him, but he did say that that epic must be on the sprint network (3g/4g) for the phone to receive notification of the OTA. once you acknowledged it, the download can then be made through wifi.

my 3g is pretty shoddy at the house so i'm chalking it up to that's the reason why i'm not getting the OTA, yet.

I received mine while operating wifi I'm always on wifi at my house. I selected "later" and a few minutes after midnight I got the notification again, also while using wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones