• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 928 Black Glass

DoubleEagle

Nov 13, 2010
Indiana
Well I would like to try a custom rom now. I'm loving the 928 blackglass theme w/ stock rom. but the REVOlution theme looks nice. I want to go w/ a basic clean looking theme or maybe a rom. But do i have to change the rom can I run stock? I'm deodexed with 928 so do I put another theme on this one or do I need to clear data/wipe first?

Many of the roms remove a lot of blur apps so you end up with a missing app. I've tried Tranquility 3 and Fission and always come back to deodexed OTA with a theme.

If you have 928, there's a back to stock look, but still deodexed theme you can install then go with another theme. (928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME.zip)

Upvote 0
I'm confused, bro. What do you want to do? If you want to run a clean rom, then run it and wipe cache and data. It's like starting from scratch (a factory reset). If you want to keep apps with their data, then back them up using titanium pro. Makes it all easy. You have the option to batch restore, then from there select or de-select which apps you want.

Upvote 0
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm still getting used to all the lingo and terminology. i mean I'm running stock 2.2 froyo and put the 928 black glass on. Now can I go to my nandroids and run the one before this one and have a deodexed without the 928 blackglass? or like colchiro said to download the back to stock theme and be deodexed. like maybe want to install the revolution theme, but don't want any 928 black glass showing up on that theme.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones