• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 928 Droid Black Glass

After installing this....is anyone else having trouble with getting emails? For some reason it is not pushing them to me anymore after I installed, I have to go in and fetch them manually which is kind of annoying!! everything else is running great besides this

any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Honestly, I wouldn't know. I only used the 928droid Black Glass theme for three days, and my primary reason for installing it was as a stepping stone to deodex my phone without using UltimateX (a process I found to be way more user-intensive than just installing one update.zip that was already deodexed).

However, for the three days I used it, I didn't experience any of the problems that you did. Unless you are extremely attached to this setup, I would STRONGLY recommend installing one of the newer ROMs that touts the usability of MotoBlur rather than the visual feces they're trying to rub into our faces and give us pinkeye with. Two I could recommend personally would be Rubix Focused 1.0 and the Apex RC2. They are both retooled versions of previous custom ROMs, and the fact that they are both in iterations that are not their first is a good sign that they're being supported.

If not, I would suggest going through the thread where you downloaded the ROM. I'm not sure which version you're using, as 928 released a few different versions for users of all stripes. As his customizations are quite popular, I'm betting someone has had the same problem as you, and if so has possibly solved it there.

I wish I could be of more assistance, but if you have any questions regarding trying out one of the other ROMs, I'd be more than happy to help. Let me know how it turns out : )

Mr. G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones