• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 985hPaKicK 2nd init recovery

I would encourage you to learn how to open the zip file and look at the install script before you flash anything

they are found in

META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

some scripts are harmless, and they will only mount the system partition and copy a few files

some of them format your partitions or over write them with files, and can kill your phone

Alright, will do that from now on.

Upvote 0
I would encourage you to learn how to open the zip file and look at the install script before you flash anything

they are found in

META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

some scripts are harmless, and they will only mount the system partition and copy a few files

some of them format your partitions or over write them with files, and can kill your phone

I usually do check (when I did on my older phone), unless sometimes if it was made specifically for the phone by a dev, but mostly I'll check and replace things I don't like and/or add apks. So... I'll remember to always check scripts.

Upvote 0
Not to derail the thread, but I just wanted to ad that running the OS from the SD is a perfectly viable option should it be made able to work. This is done quite often for Nooks; people install CM on an SD, then boot the SD instead of the internal memory. They do this so they can reboot without the SD and have a fully functional, untouched Nook to use as an E-reader.

Android runs fine from the SD.

Reactions: twogbsd and sammyz
Upvote 0
0.0 no! Chrisjohn, we still don't know how far recovery will run on the motion, it will be safer flashing beats from pimp my rom.

lol ight thanks gd looking out

just flashed beats from pimp my rom

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-22-22-54-24.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-22-22-54-24.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 0
Not to derail the thread, but I just wanted to ad that running the OS from the SD is a perfectly viable option should it be made able to work. This is done quite often for Nooks; people install CM on an SD, then boot the SD instead of the internal memory. They do this so they can reboot without the SD and have a fully functional, untouched Nook to use as an E-reader.

Android runs fine from the SD.

In your face LG :p

Upvote 0
Even though its slightly glitchy, this recovery is fantastic. I bricked my motion a n hour ago, and had to use KDZ to recover it via the guide. I rerooted and reinstalled 2nd init, and restored. All good. I dont know why i was worried.

This thread definitely needs to be a sticky; it would be a shame to let it die because of communication breakdown.

Upvote 0
Even though its slightly glitchy, this recovery is fantastic. I bricked my motion a n hour ago, and had to use KDZ to recover it via the guide. I rerooted and reinstalled 2nd init, and restored. All good. I dont know why i was worried.

This thread definitely needs to be a sticky; it would be a shame to let it die because of communication breakdown.

can you help me with the unbrick method? you can see my post in the guide. its the latest one. Please? :eek:Much thanks

Upvote 0
Some of you know that I had a confrontation with cretinoid before he was banned from the forum. I just want to say that is not the reason I'm making this post. I do not think this thread is deserving of a sticky, because it only appeals to very few (knowledgeable) individuals on the forum. The kind of people who are smart enough to bookmark it, or easliy find it in a search without a great deal of effort.

I do appreciate this thread and the development will definitely carry on. I'd just personally rather not see the forum filled with "elite" stickies that only apply to a small number of specialized people. IMO, stickies are meant to be general and apply to most users. If people want to get the lte2recovery apk, it will also be available on more general threads and guides.

For what it's worth- my 2cents

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones