1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

A app that moves sms messages to the memory card?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Anroid-Newbie, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Anroid-Newbie

Anroid-Newbie Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    I just bought the htc wildifre s 3 days ago and I only have 25 mb of memory left, which is basically nothing!

I have 6 apps in the internal memory, the rest have been moved to the sd card, using app 2 sd card.

Im looking for an app that will send my text messages to my sd card.
    I DO NOT need to view them on the computer; I say this because most apps convert the txts to xml format for the computer. I just need it to save on the SD card in regular text message format. Therefore I can delete text messages so it won't clog my internal memory (and reject newer text messages) and save them to the sd card for later viewing .

SMS backup and restore only sent the xml format to my sd card. I need the regular version of the text to be sent to be sent to the sd card therefore I can view it. The idea is to preserve as much memory as possible so it won't slow down my phone and so it won't reject newer text messages

PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

I know some of you are asking why I would go through the trouble just to save old text messages, but it is for personal reasons

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    As far as I know there is no way to actually move the SMS storage databases to the SDCard in a readable format for Android devices.

I moved your other thread to the Wildfire forums. I'd continue to use that thread for all your Questions from here on out since that forum has users with your same device and can answer some very specific questions about your device.

Slug and marctronixx like this.