• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aarn660

May 17, 2010
I finally went to the verizon store today because ever since i recieved the OTA 2.2 my phone has been super laggy. I get in there and tell them that ever since i got the OTA that it lags out and random restarts when i return to the home screen, and that i had hard restored the phone. They then said that it was probably just a bad app and that i should do a hard restore again and install a task manager and virus protection. Does this sound plausible to anybody else?

yes, very plausible.

If you dont mind going through all the trouble i would do a hard reset again but not through the phone. Turn your phone off and press power and vol down, then go to factory reset. I have noticed that if you do a factory reset through the phone menu it doesnt fully "reset"

you dont really need a task manager and i use lookout for "virus" protection.

Upvote 0
well i did the volume down thing to reset the phone to factory and it was still super buggy, and they didnt install anything. they told me to do the reset and install all the stuff, but ill prolly just save myself the time and not reset it and just install it and then take it back up there because i know its not an app, the second i finished installing the OTA my phone started being laggy and was noticably slower. hopefully i can get a new phone because mine is hardly tolerable anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones