1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

A Basic Doubt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by narayanan9190, Apr 15, 2012.

1. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Android Enthusiast

I just stumbled through a beautiful theme and it is called some shell theme...it is an apk file...do i just download the apk file and install it ?
    if i do so, what will change ?
    is rooting required ?
    please help that theme looks so nice!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

Where did you find the theme? Market? Can you link to the post if on a forum?

3. narayanan9190

found it in link removed

4. narayanan9190

i simply tried installing the apk and its gone....i searched in the downloaded apps..in the media area in everywhere...its gone...no trace of it...now am really freaked...really !

5. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

Looks like it may be a theme for tsf launcher on the market.

Usually themes are for launchers. I wouldn't recommend getting apks from random places unless a dev or a repair source links you.

There are some themes that are for rooted users but those are installed in recovery. Afaik, you need a custom rom and supported themes.

6. narayanan9190

i just bought the phone a few weeks back..i have a long way to go before i flash a custom rom....but tell me how to find and uninstall or terminate the apk i installed...how did it vanish ?

{am sorry if iam sounding like an idiot!}

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

I removed the link to the app.

Just as friendly advice, I'd be hesitant to install anything from random sites. It's very easy to recompile an app so that it contains malware. Not to mention that someone worked very hard to create it and we should support our developers. :)

As a moderator, I have to also mention that if the app isn't from an approved source (ie somewhere the developer has approved the app/theme to be released) that it's considered theft/piracy and we don't allow discussion of it here.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews