1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root A battery life experiment

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lubberlick, Sep 10, 2011.

1. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    American English Speaking Taxi Guy
    Indianapolis
    I see a few times a week people talking about battery life and how much they are looking to extend it. When I got my EVO I had already heard horror stories about battery life so I bought a 3500 seido right away. I never felt the pain of stock battery until tonight.

I decided to put my stock battery in and run my setup to compare. The result was amazing. Typically by the end of work on extended battery I would have 50-60% left. As I post this I still have another hour or two left of work and have already had to charge the stock battery.

So to the bottom line. Mikg3d freedom overclocked 1.2
    Stock 6-8 hours of my use.
    Extended 16+ hours of my use.
    I am a heavy user to the extreme aparently

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    i hate those things. there just too damn big (insert joke here:eek: ). plus if you do it right you can make your phone last for a decent amount of time. i can get right now with the more freedom kernel about 14-16 hrs with heavy usage. with cm7 and tiamat sbc kernel i can get 18-35 hours of good usage. plus batteries are cheap these days for the evo.

3. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    American English Speaking Taxi Guy
    Indianapolis
    Personally I GPS, watch netflix, browse the web, and make about 100 phone calls a night ranging from 1 minute to 20 minutes. The stock battery simply did not hold up. Personally the size of the EVO is already rather large, who cares about an extra 3/16" on the back? I would rather have that then be attached to my car charger all night.

Tags: