• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A better calendar with more alerts???

Casanova

Lurker
Apr 17, 2010
This is my first post and also my first android phone. I was wondering if anyone knows of a better calendar than the stock HTC one that comes on the incredible. The stock calendar only allows for one alert/reminder. I would like something that is simple and easy to use, but allows for more than one alert/reminder.

Thanks.

This is my first post and also my first android phone. I was wondering if anyone knows of a better calendar than the stock HTC one that comes on the incredible. The stock calendar only allows for one alert/reminder. I would like something that is simple and easy to use, but allows for more than one alert/reminder.

Thanks.

The stock HTC one allows for up to 5 reminders per event. Open the event, hit Menu, and then Add Reminder.

I just recently set up two reminders per birthday event. One a week out so I remember the birthday is coming up and can get a card mailed out, and then 15 minutes so I remember to call that person on that day. It is synced with my Google Calender as well, so all changes sync betwen the two.

Upvote 0
The stock HTC one allows for up to 5 reminders per event. Open the event, hit Menu, and then Add Reminder.

I just recently set up two reminders per birthday event. One a week out so I remember the birthday is coming up and can get a card mailed out, and then 15 minutes so I remember to call that person on that day. It is synced with my Google Calender as well, so all changes sync betwen the two.

Ahhhh........ sweet! Thanks for this. I'm still learning a ton about android and the incredible and I didn't even think to hit the menu button while setting up the event to get more options. Is there a way to change the style/sound of the alert tone? For example, is it possible to set it up to have the same sound when I get a reminder from my calendar as I do when I get a text or voicemail message?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Ahhhh........ sweet! Thanks for this. I'm still learning a ton about android and the incredible and I didn't even think to hit the menu button while setting up the event to get more options. Is there a way to change the style/sound of the alert tone? For example, is it possible to set it up to have the same sound when I get a reminder from my calendar as I do when I get a text or voicemail message?

Thanks again!

But of course there is! Remember, Droid Does... :D

Open the calendar, and then Menu->More->Settings->Reminder Settings. There you can set all different kinds of notifications and things.

There are also the Calendar View Settings where you can change your default view, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones