• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
this has gone on way to long : ( and it seems no matter how much "we" complain to motorola we are still on 1.5 and now losing apps we once had.

its time for all of us to start sending our complaints to Tmobile and Android/Google. yes WE (cliq owners) all know the holdup is moto's fault,
Tmo and android have done their part BUT the rest of the world isnt going to be worried about the how and why----- when they go to buy new phones all they will know is----------------------------"T-MOBILE sells crappy outdated ANDROID phones"

im sending emails and making phone calls to tmobile and android,, to let them know motorola is giving them a bad rep

PLEASE DO THE SAME

I have the Cliq and Id love to do that, but I have 0 clue on how, and I know their are threads that explain it, but I'm a completed "****" when it come to these things. This is my 1st ever Android phone plus this phone is the only way I can get onto the internet and if I mess something up I am screwed!!!

I need to get with the times and get more smart with this stuff.

Upvote 0
I have the Cliq and Id love to do that, but I have 0 clue on how, and I know their are threads that explain it, but I'm a completed "****" when it come to these things. This is my 1st ever Android phone plus this phone is the only way I can get onto the internet and if I mess something up I am screwed!!!

I need to get with the times and get more smart with this stuff.

cant be easier than the youtube video that was posted... Pretty simple stuff... If you made it to this forum, you will have no problem following directions to get this done.

Upvote 0
cant be easier than the youtube video that was posted... Pretty simple stuff... If you made it to this forum, you will have no problem following directions to get this done.

Well hell, if its that easy I just may try it. You make it sound likes it's a cake walk :D ;)

Which video are you referring to please? My luck Ill get the wrong one.

Another question, if I need to make a insurance claim and get a new phone is this something that you can take off and set it back to the original state? Or is that no problem to have on it if it does need to be exchanged for a new one?

Thanks so much for the help.

Upvote 0
Well hell, if its that easy I just may try it. You make it sound likes it's a cake walk :D ;)

Which video are you referring to please? My luck Ill get the wrong one.

Another question, if I need to make a insurance claim and get a new phone is this something that you can take off and set it back to the original state? Or is that no problem to have on it if it does need to be exchanged for a new one?

Thanks so much for the help.

Its on this forum:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-cliq/132241-how-install-leaked-2-1-cliq-without-rooting.html

You can revert back to 1.5 at any time, not sure why you would but you can.

Reactions: 1MoreMinute
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok, Ill start my reading on this, thanks.

I wouldn't want to either if everything works out, but was curious if I needed to revert back to the old one in case they would void the warranty having the leaked one on their.

Thanks again for your help and quick replies.
\

No problem... Just FYI: finding RSDLite was a pain in the ass, here is a link on this forum where i found it...

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-milestone/75460-milestone-2-1-update-root-guide.html

The rest of the items are easy to locate...

Follow the instructions as it says on the Video and you will be fine...

Good luck..

Reactions: 1MoreMinute
Upvote 0
\

No problem... Just FYI: finding RSDLite was a pain in the ass, here is a link on this forum where i found it...

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-milestone/75460-milestone-2-1-update-root-guide.html

The rest of the items are easy to locate...

Follow the instructions as it says on the Video and you will be fine...

Good luck..

I was going to PM you on this but I figured that someone else might want to know the same so Ill post it here.

Do I need to back up my contacts for my people in the phone book or anything else for that matter, or does that all stay on the phone after this update is done?

I got all files DL'd and I'm ready to go I think, but going to wait till I hear back from you about my questions before I pull the trigger on this.

Thanks so much for your help so far.

Upvote 0
I was going to PM you on this but I figured that someone else might want to know the same so Ill post it here.

Do I need to back up my contacts for my people in the phone book or anything else for that matter, or does that all stay on the phone after this update is done?

I got all files DL'd and I'm ready to go I think, but going to wait till I hear back from you about my questions before I pull the trigger on this.

Thanks so much for your help so far.

Yep, back up your contacts because they will be wiped...

All your non OEM apps will need to be re-installed as well...

Kind of sucks but at least better than waiting for 2.1 via TMO...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones