• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A career involving Android and my education/professional background

cabbie

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
This is a very open-ended post.

I'm looking into tapping or creating opportunities that involve Android phones or other consumer electronics as a career. It's a pretty wild idea, I don't even know where to begin so I'm soliciting advice and direction. I have a marketing and entrepreneurial background, with a bachelors in business and complete my MBA in a month.

I'm completely in love with the Android platform and disruptive change that Google has brought into the market. I listen to android podcasts on my commute to work, I root my phone, I am attached at the hip to my Evo, which I bought for full retail since I wasn't due for an upgrade. I spend a good portion of my day reading several hundred RSS tech feeds on my rooted android-running Nook e-reader.

I am figuring out where to go from here. If I could use my talents to make a career to involve Android in a significant way, I'd be at that sort of nirvana state where "its not work if you love what you are doing." I just don't quite know about how to break into it, I'm not an app developer and probably never will be. Podcasts are good, look at androidcentral or androidguys, but there are a lot of those. Forums are good, look at androidforums or xda, but there are a lot of those. I'm trying to figure out where I can get into the game, because Android is only going to get bigger. I'm not looking to get rich, I want to be involved with something I'm passionate about while also being able to pay off student loans. Doesn't even have to be a full time gig, just something on the side. I'm fired up about where this is all going and I want to get in.

Of course, resume available on request :D

This is a very open-ended post.

I'm looking into tapping or creating opportunities that involve Android phones or other consumer electronics as a career. It's a pretty wild idea, I don't even know where to begin so I'm soliciting advice and direction. I have a marketing and entrepreneurial background, with a bachelors in business and complete my MBA in a month.

I'm completely in love with the Android platform and disruptive change that Google has brought into the market. I listen to android podcasts on my commute to work, I root my phone, I am attached at the hip to my Evo, which I bought for full retail since I wasn't due for an upgrade. I spend a good portion of my day reading several hundred RSS tech feeds on my rooted android-running Nook e-reader.

I am figuring out where to go from here. If I could use my talents to make a career to involve Android in a significant way, I'd be at that sort of nirvana state where "its not work if you love what you are doing." I just don't quite know about how to break into it, I'm not an app developer and probably never will be. Podcasts are good, look at androidcentral or androidguys, but there are a lot of those. Forums are good, look at androidforums or xda, but there are a lot of those. I'm trying to figure out where I can get into the game, because Android is only going to get bigger. I'm not looking to get rich, I want to be involved with something I'm passionate about while also being able to pay off student loans. Doesn't even have to be a full time gig, just something on the side. I'm fired up about where this is all going and I want to get in.

Of course, resume available on request :D

Look at what is not greyed out above. Put that in your cover letter and carpet bomb carriers, Google, and whomever else you can think of with your resume. After all, the corps are looking for evangelists to get their goods out in peoples' hands.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Look at what is not greyed out above. Put that in your cover letter and carpet bomb carriers, Google, and whomever else you can think of with your resume. After all, the corps are looking for evangelists to get their goods out in peoples' hands.

Good luck!

Nice job with that.
icon14.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones