• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Case and Screen Protector Review

Hey everybody. Since we're all still new to the LG Spectrum 2, there isn't really a ton of information out there on the accessories available, so I wanted to provide some feedback on the case and screen protector that I purchase to go along with mine.

The day that I ordered the phone, I also ordered the LG Spectrum 2/ Vs 930 Hybrid Case Y White+Black+Stand and the LG Optimus LTE2 / Spectrum 2 VS930 (Verizon Wireless) - Anti-Glare Screen Protector. Both of them are no-name kind of products, but for the price ($2.68 and $1.99) I figured I would take the chance. For reference, they both took exactly one week for delivery.

C25ek.jpg

S8Ddb.jpg

ZhQSq.jpg

The case is in two pieces, a rubber inner portion and a hard plastic outer portion. It's a bit difficult to put on properly, because the rubber is a little bit loose and the hard plastic is a little bit tight, so you have to mess with it a bit to get everything arranged properly. Once everything is together, however, it looks quite nice and seems like it would provide a good amount of protection. Access to buttons and ports is not compromised, though I can't speak to how well NFC or wireless charging would work with it on. On the rear, as part of the hard plastic, is a kickstand, which is a nice little touch and actually works quite well. It's a little hard to pull out, but it has a solid feel to it and doesn't seem like it's going to simply fall off. Be warned, however, that the case does add a good deal of bulk to the phone. It's protected, but it's certainly no longer sleek.

Gpqxf.jpg

The screen protector is fairly basic. Normally, I'm an XO Skins kind of guy, but with one not yet available from them yet I gave this a try. This package includes one screen protector and a pretty craptastic microfiber cloth--I used the same cloth I clean my glasses with because it was much higher quality. Once the screen was wiped down, the installation process went pretty smoothly. The protector didn't object too much to being repositioned, and once it was down the air bubbles came out easily. It claims to be "anti-glare", and it seems to do that by featuring a matte finish. This sort of finish certainly isn't going to be to everyone's liking, and it feels quite different than the bare screen or indeed most screen protectors do. It does seem as though it would do a good job of protecting from scratches and scuffs, however, so for $2 it provides basic protection at a reasonable price.

Reactions: diecastdonkey

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones