• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A case for the Captivate

Here's a few more gel cases from ebay:

BLACK SKIN SILICONE GEL CASE for SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE - eBay (item 300455932827 end time Aug-19-10 13:46:06 PDT)

and this one comes with a car charger:
Silicone Gel Skin Case K+ Charger For Samsung Captivate - eBay (item 270622765759 end time Aug-22-10 22:03:41 PDT)

Has anyone tried these? They look pretty good for less than $10.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a silicon case from Amazon for a penny plus $2.98 shipping since I had some store credit there. It's a fairly generic-looking silicon case, but since the other colors like it were over a dollar, I figured they were having a hard time unloading the purple ones. A girl's gotta catch a break when she can.

I'm really waiting for a soft-hard hybrid case for impact absorption and prevention of dents in the corners. I too would love the Speck Candyshell for this phone, but I can't imagine putting that case on, with the way the Captivate is shaped. I could see something like the Switcheasy Rebel, with a rigid spine that snaps over the softer, form-fitted case. The Amzer looks most promising, with what looks to be raised corners, but I'll probably stick with what I just bought until I see something that catches my eye.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I ordered this case on Tuesday, it arrived today :)

This hard case has a nice 'satin' feel to it. It looks ok, but not great from up close. It is much lighter in color than the one pictured. The painted carbon fiber stands up to my fingernail, we'll see how it does over time.

The cases thickness does make it easier to hit that lock button, I was getting pretty frustrated with it before the case.

Overall it's a sturdy case that will do the job, just not the best looking thing. Well worth the $7.95 including shipping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones