• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help a charging problem on a ZTE 4G

reble

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2012
Kennewick Wa
This just started. I saw that nether the red or green led's (a duel led) was on, on my ZTE Warp 4G when I got up this morning. As you know the led goes red during charging and turns green when fully charged. There is also no indication in the status bar on the battery icon that the charger is plugged in. I have tried 3 different chargers and usb cables. I also have one of those rechargeable emergency cell phone chargers. The phone won't charge off that ether but the emergency rechargeable pack will recharge it self off the same USB cable.
In the phone I have the phone display set to stay on all the time when the USB cable is ether plugged into a charger or the USB port on the laptop. The display is staying on. Also the laptop is still seeing the phone and I can still move and copy files both ways between the laptop and the phone. But the phone battery is still not charging no mater what it is plug into. Right now the phone is off to conserve power, the battery icon is showing about 92% power left. This is the original battery when I got the phone. Other then the battery not charging the phone still works fine.

Steve

I found the problem. I took the phone to the Batterys Plus store to test the battery. The battery is good. The problem is the battery got placed back in the phone in such a way that the charging pin wasn't making contact with the battery. After the battery was reseated it charges now. I can't prove it but I think a certain little 10 yr old boy, that likes to take things apart (like I used to do when I was his age :D) and couldn't get it back together right. Popped the battery out.

that most likely means the battery is taking a dive, need to replace it

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones