1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A Compatibility Layer between OS X 10.10 and Android?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jallan, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jallan

jallan Lurker

Hello,
    For those unaware, the newest iteration of Mac OS X allows for almost complete integration between iOS and its desktop counterpart, including SMS, Phone Calls, etc. An avid Android enthusiast, I don't use an iPhone; however, I am forced to use a Macbook Pro that runs OS X 10.10 for school. I would like to be able to take advantage of these features in the new release, but not at the expense of my Android phone.
    The connection between the two relies upon Bluetooth, WiFi, and an iCloud account as identification. Would it be possible to create an app for Android and/or (if necessary) OS X that could act as a "compatibility layer" between the Android and OS X operating systems, taking advantage of these aforementioned features?
    The idea sounds novel, but I'm entirely unsure whether it could ever be put into functional practice. Thank you for your time.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

AirDroid has been doing this for Android for some years now. It will also work on Mac since it uses a browser interface. It just needs both devices to be on the same WiFi network.