• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A couple 2.1 how to questions?

Slovak

Nov 20, 2009
1) How do I switch my phone from using EVDo to 1x only?
I use an Airave, and it uses more battery since it is always trying to find the best data signal from a tower.
2) How do I stop google voice from loading and running automatically whenever i reboot my phone? If i go to menu>settings>applications>running services, I can force stop it there, but I dont want it ever loading, I don't use google vioce

Ok now that the official 2.1 has been release its there a different from the leak that came out two weeks ago? I had download the leak to my phone a week ago do I have to install the fresh 2.1 that just came out or is the same?

My understanding is NO, you don't have to install the official 2.1 update. From what I've heard it is identical to the leaked version.

Upvote 0
My understanding is NO, you don't have to install the official 2.1 update. From what I've heard it is identical to the leaked version.

Actually, that's not entirely true. Some of the instabilities people were experiencing with the leak seem to have been fixed in the Official MR. Besides that, the official MR is signed for the Market, so there are a ton more apps available for it. The leak has a different signature all together, and will not be being signed for the market at all. If you want apps like Documents To Go, MLB, or Market History Eraser, (History Eraser for 1.6 and above), you need to be running the Official MR.

Upvote 0
Actually, that's not entirely true. Some of the instabilities people were experiencing with the leak seem to have been fixed in the Official MR. Besides that, the official MR is signed for the Market, so there are a ton more apps available for it. The leak has a different signature all together, and will not be being signed for the market at all. If you want apps like Documents To Go, MLB, or Market History Eraser, (History Eraser for 1.6 and above), you need to be running the Official MR.

I am running DC 2.08.1, and I have access to History Eraser and Market History Eraser in the Market. I think once the Official update became available, the Custom ROMS and latest leaked version have access to all the same apps. I can't speak to the instability issues, but I haven't experienced any.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones