1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support a couple of file structure questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by demj1308, Jun 1, 2011.

1. demj1308

demj1308 Lurker
    None

May 27, 2011
    Wanted check with someone with more experince with this before i go deleting folders. I just installed a sd card in my g2x, and wanted to do some housecleaning.

on the phone memory it has a externalSD folder that contains DCIM folder and camera folder, these folders are also listed on the phone memory and in the SD card i just installed, can i delete 2 of these and just use the one in the sd card i installed ?

If i want to drag and drop music from my computer to the sd card, is there anything i need to call the folder, so it recognized as my music ?

On the main phone memory i have a "video" folder can i move this to the sd card ?
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. wmm

wmm Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    The last item in the "settings" menu in the camera application allows you to choose whether photos and videos will be saved in the internal memory or on the external SD card. You can delete whichever one you are not using.

No. The phone scans the flash memory, both internal and on the external SD card, and will find playable video and audio files, wherever they are.

Yes. Those are just sample videos demonstrating the graphics capabilities of the Tegra chip. You can delete them and the folder altogether if you want.

Tags: